Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Mammals - Save Toby  (Read 2865 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Small Mammals - Save Toby
« on: February 25, 2005, 10:33:13 pm »

Sick fuck or brilliant entrepeneur? Save Toby is unabashed extortion of $50,000 to save a cute bunny from being eaten.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Small Mammals - Save Toby
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 10:37:44 pm »

See the precedent that fuck*ng Larry the Lobster set, oh so many years ago?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Small Mammals - Save Toby
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:13:53 pm »

Idiots gave this guy $15,000 so far?

Fuck. I'm in the wrong business.

I've got lots of cute animals around here that I won't eat for $50,000.

Hell, I'll not eat the cats for $10,000.  I'm not greedy.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Small Mammals - Save Toby
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 11:19:09 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Idiots gave this guy $15,000 so far?

Fuck. I'm in the wrong business.

I've got lots of cute animals around here that I won't eat for $50,000.

Hell, I'll not eat the cats for $10,000.  I'm not greedy.


Note the parallels to U.S. Agricultural Policy.

People are paying this man extraordinary money to essentially not raise livestock.

Kind of what happens all the time in "Moscow on the Mississippi."

Put that in your omnibus farm bill and shove it.

* DICK LUGAR + FREEDOM TO FARM ACT *
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Small Mammals - Save Toby
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 11:21:20 pm »

Yes, but who the fuck would subsize this asshole?

A joke web site is one thing.  Giving money to a joke web site is something else.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Small Mammals - Save Toby
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 11:31:27 pm »

This is blocked because I'm at work, but I think it is the same thing. It's becoming sort of popular.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Small Mammals - Save Toby
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 11:44:41 pm »

Jesus people, I leave the internet for a few measly weeks and this is what happens!  

My SO and I were eyeing up the bunnies at the human society a couple months ago, and discussing how long it would take for our cats to kill one, yet we never made the connection between that and the down payment due on our mortgage this summer for some reason.  Huh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Small Mammals - Save Toby
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 12:57:28 am »

Quote from: "side_show"
...yet we never made the connection between that and the down payment due on our mortgage this summer for some reason.  Huh.


Hahaha. Brilliant.
Yeah, I can see why the site is funny, but who the hell would give this guy money? I assume that when he started it, he was joking and never expected to get a dime. I mean, $15,000? WTF, and that's no LOL.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Small Mammals - Save Toby
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 05:57:16 am »

7 billion people in the world and he only had to dupe 15,000 of them to get where he is. Less, when you figure in greater-than-a-dollar donations.

I just forwarded the site to a friend of mine who hearts the bunnies big time. Two bucks pays three that she ends up sending a buck in.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Small Mammals - Save Toby
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 06:19:37 am »

Is the count pledges or donations received?




Cause I'd pledge 75 cents or so to save a bunny, but I'd probably never send it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up