Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper  (Read 12666 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2005, 11:46:53 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
We could see how his head got all deviled out.  What happened to his thong?


He's trying something different, for a change.

I assume that he's wearing a shirt (and presumably ##### as well) (possibly 20 foot long #####? who knows) to be more family-friendly. His attire is reflective of his music.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 12:22:25 am »

yeah, I think the banjo is like a replacement for the piano. When you make a deal like that I think you sort of get stuck with your benefit, and by newtonian fatalist irony, it becomes the end of the bargain you are expected to pay out. Ray isnt really even aware of the contract, so I think the banjo is just going to take on all aspects of the piano until he gets sick of it, like everything else he does. The banjo is a much more devilish instrument, anyway.

Has anyone heard "the wind and the rain" by the jerry garcia band? Its a good banjo song.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 03:12:12 am »

I wonder if Chris ever gets pissed off because someone correctly guesses the next step in a story arc, and as a result he has to think of something totally different just so that no one gets the Satisfaction.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 03:17:38 am »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I wonder if Chris ever gets pissed off because someone correctly guesses the next step in a story arc, and as a result he has to think of something totally different just so that no one gets the Satisfaction.


Are you kidding? He peruses this board for ideas.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005, 07:22:38 am »

Quote from: "doomglobe"
The banjo is a much more devilish instrument, anyway.


Yes, but only the FIDDLE is the true musical weapon of the Prince of Darkness.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2005, 09:54:17 am »

ehm...

whats a clapper?

sorry
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2005, 12:15:55 pm »

Quote from: "pubdoggy"
whats a clapper?


It's a device you attach to your lights enabling you to turn them on or off with the clap of your hands.

The Clapper!!

Are we Google now?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2005, 12:18:12 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Are we Google now?


I wish I hadn't done that.  I didn't want to know This.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2005, 02:13:18 pm »

Quote from: "pubdoggy"
ehm...

whats a clapper?

sorry


Is it like the clap?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2005, 02:17:16 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Are we Google now?


I wish I hadn't done that.  I didn't want to know This.


Yikes!  That's what that is called.  Happened to a friend in high school.  He said it was like getting kicked in the balls repeatedly until the doctor was able to make it normal again.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2005, 02:23:19 pm »

Ow... ow ow ow.

I'd sure like to know what the hell kind of psychological thing makes it so that any casual mention of testicular discomfort makes EVERY MAN who hears it start to hurt. I had to stop reading; it'll be five minutes before I can get out of the chair.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2005, 02:25:33 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I wish I hadn't done that.  I didn't want to know This.


Holy JESUS I am glad I don't have those so I don't have to think about that.
Logged
goose means greedy

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2005, 02:33:18 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I'd sure like to know what the hell kind of psychological thing makes it so that any casual mention of testicular discomfort makes EVERY MAN who hears it start to hurt. I had to stop reading; it'll be five minutes before I can get out of the chair.


Maybe it has some kind of evolutionary explanation along the lines of since the testes are the things which make it possible to reproduce but are also just hanging there, so so vulnerable, they need to be protected.  Their extreme sensitivity to pain, which can be triggerred without even being touched, remind us that we need to protect them if we want to carry on our genetic line (which, biologically, we all want to do).
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2005, 03:41:47 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Steve Hogan"
Well, Gary Larson did show us that Hell is full of banjos.

I thought that was accordians.


Actually, they've done both.  Banjos were used in the "Conductors in Hell" cartoon, and accordians wre passed out indiscriminately to newbies "Welcome to Hell! Here's your accordian!"

I would've imagined bagpipes as Satan's instrument of choice personally.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
March 1, 2005: Ray Sets Off The Clapper
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2005, 04:19:22 pm »

Everything I know about the subject, I learned here.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up