Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus and Spider Man  (Read 1968 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Jesus and Spider Man
« on: March 01, 2005, 11:37:30 pm »

Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Jesus and Spider Man
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 12:06:46 am »

Hey-hey! It's my local free giraffe-wrap!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Jesus and Spider Man
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 03:20:11 am »

Jack Chick just pee'd his trousers.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Jesus and Spider Man
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 04:27:03 am »

The spiderweb sombrero really made it.
And not a day goes by when I'm not waiting for a light to change and I think, if I were Spiderman, I could just fwppppp! onto that building and swing across....
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Jesus and Spider Man
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 05:29:27 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
The spiderweb sombrero really made it.
And not a day goes by when I'm not waiting for a light to change and I think, if I were Spiderman, I could just fwppppp! onto that building and swing across....


That's the kind of thing you go to hell for making light of...

and laughing at...

Nabu, are you saying that local alternaltive weeklies are worthless?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Jesus and Spider Man
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 02:08:04 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
The spiderweb sombrero really made it.
And not a day goes by when I'm not waiting for a light to change and I think, if I were Spiderman, I could just fwppppp! onto that building and swing across....

Spider-Man swinging would have to be the least efficient of the superhero transports but the most fun. Sure, there's about 1,000 people you could be and just fly to your destination but they you wouldn't have that moment to backflip and freefall while you shoot a new web.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Jesus and Spider Man
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 09:13:56 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "Bozack"
The spiderweb sombrero really made it.
And not a day goes by when I'm not waiting for a light to change and I think, if I were Spiderman, I could just fwppppp! onto that building and swing across....


That's the kind of thing you go to hell for making light of...

and laughing at...

Nabu, are you saying that local alternaltive weeklies are worthless?

You know, as the years go by, I am more and more convinced that I really don't have to know anything about what is going on in the world. I was really just pointing out that the post came from my local paper. And for me, paper = giraffewrap. It's an old expression, but I must insist it's true. Anyway, no, weeklies are a great deal of fun. They should all have crosswords, but as long as you can find Dan Savage that's good enough for me. He's dreamy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Jesus and Spider Man
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 09:38:43 pm »

I've read and re-read these cartoons searching for some trace of irony and I can't find any.  They seem to be entirely sincere.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Jesus and Spider Man
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 09:46:47 pm »

If these cartoons orginated with the Mercury, it is important to remember that they take it as a badge of honor that they are all alcoholics.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up