Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn  (Read 4509 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« on: March 02, 2005, 08:31:50 am »

Maybe the devil is speaking through Ray?  i mean, he did sell his soul for musical skill.  Very creepy.

Dont like the actual comic much though, not much in the Achewood feel... Teodor is acting out of character in some way, I can feel it
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

V-Adore

  • Guest
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 08:51:02 am »

Teodor seems a little strange, yeah. I like his hat, though.

If I were starting a hard-rock/metal band, I would totally call it "The Sewage of Sodom."

oh holy god why am I still up
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 08:51:54 am »

AAAAAIIIGHT

For some reason, the more I look at it, the more I like the fact that there is one whole panel dedicated to the word whump
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 08:52:00 am »

I just like the word "asshole."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 09:09:29 am »

Now though I wonder if it is the banjo that *makes* people turn evil, and what will happen when Philippe, who is pure of heart, hears it.

Will he become mildly rude?  Not say "God bless you" when someone sneezes?

We return Monday.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 09:49:02 am »

i think what is the case is that the banjo was/is mail-ordered from Satan in a similar fashion to the piano.


BTW am the only member on this post whose number of posts is x, where x is a number much smaller than a lot
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

char *

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13
    • View Profile
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 11:07:09 am »

seeee? told you ;)

but sheesh, was today's funny...
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 01:45:58 pm »

It's clear, the old-time country music summons Andy Rooney and Andy Rooney is a sure way to demonic possession.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 02:09:30 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Now though I wonder if it is the banjo that *makes* people turn evil, and what will happen when Philippe, who is pure of heart, hears it.


I forsee Trouble in Philippe's future once again.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 02:23:05 pm »

I don't... really get it, actually.
Logged
goose means greedy

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 03:43:44 pm »

Hogs laying with prawns is about as far from kosher eating as you're gonna get.
Logged

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 04:36:52 pm »

So... Ray played the banjo and wrote a beautiful song.

But when Teodor plays the banjo Ray gets all Satanic. Twice.

It seems to me then, that while the banjo is the medium,  Teodor is the conductor of the evil. Or do I have my nomenclature backwards?

It certainly will be interesting to see what happens next.
Logged

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 06:52:41 pm »

Heh. My favorite bit is definitely Ray saying "Ring!" and freaking Teodor out.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 07:57:52 pm »

Quote from: "mrchee"
Teodor is acting out of character in some way, I can feel it


Where is the old T?

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
March 2, 2005 - The Hog shall Lay with the Prawn
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 08:49:33 pm »

I was pretty sure Ray's contract with the Devil was fulfilled in that whole "Ray goes to Hell and then Roast Beef shows up" arc -- I'm with on the "banjo as a conductor of some sort for evil or possession by malignant spirits" side.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up