Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: H2G2  (Read 12915 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
H2G2
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 09:35:52 pm »

OK, I've posted a lot today, because of the not posting for awhile, and also the drinking. Stephen Fry rules. It's just that simple. Having said that, haven't we covered this? CJ?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
H2G2
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2005, 10:12:43 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Having said that, haven't we covered this? CJ?


I think there may have been a thread about the movie happening, but I created a new one seeing as there were suddenly a glut (well, two) of trailers that actually renewed my hope in it being watchable.

Plus, indeed, Fry rules. I have been watching A Bit of Fry and Laurie lately, as well as Jeeves and Wooster (he certainly makes the perfect Jeeves). I like not watching TV, as it lets me watch good TV instead.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
H2G2
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 10:26:11 pm »

Jeeves and Wooster, Black Adder, and the underappreciated work in the Young Ones. Stephen Fry is a stud. Plus, he's written books!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
H2G2
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2005, 10:57:56 pm »

I caught a frame of a falling whale in one of the trailers I watched.  Excellent!  Also, they pulled off Zaphod having two heads.  That is wonderful.  Simply wonderful.  I'm unabashedly looking forward to this movie.  After all the different renditions, it's not like this one movie can screw the whole thing up.
Logged

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
H2G2
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2005, 07:16:56 pm »

I'm pretty much looking forward to this. No, I'm totally looking forward to this. But Marvin is going to take a little getting used to. He's so short and squishy. Oh well. I'm really excited about Zooey Deschanel as Trillian.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
H2G2
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2005, 07:57:06 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"
But Marvin is going to take a little getting used to. He's so short and squishy.


I was only convinced after reading r_r_c's comment that he looked like a depressed Apple product. The design made some kind of sense to me after that.

Quote
I'm really excited about Zooey Deschanel as Trillian.


Who?
That's what I said when I first read the cast list oh-so-long-ago.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
H2G2
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2005, 08:16:51 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I was only convinced after reading r_r_c's comment that he looked like a depressed Apple product. The design made some kind of sense to me after that.


That does make it somewhat better.

Quote from: "slink"
Quote
I'm really excited about Zooey Deschanel as Trillian.


Who?
That's what I said when I first read the cast list oh-so-long-ago.


She was Jovie in "Elf"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319343/
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
H2G2
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2005, 08:19:32 pm »

I saw a paperback of the Ultimate Hitchikers Guide at B&N last night: all of the books, plus "Young Zaphod Makes Good." I might pick it up, since all of my copies have disappeared in those dastardly mists of time. It's like 17 bucks, which I think is probably a good deal.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
H2G2
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2005, 08:29:10 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I saw a paperback of the Ultimate Hitchikers Guide at B&N last night: all of the books, plus "Young Zaphod Makes Good." I might pick it up, since all of my copies have disappeared in those dastardly mists of time. It's like 17 bucks, which I think is probably a good deal.

I got that in hardback about 6 years ago an it is wonderfully convenient. Plus it looks all impressive, like you're reading The Odyssey or something.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
H2G2
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2005, 08:59:38 pm »

Zooey was also the older sister in Almost Famous.

She's hell of cute.

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
H2G2
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2005, 09:31:56 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
She's hell of cute.


Oh yeah. I meant to add that in there. I'm totally crushing on her. And Thora Birch.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
H2G2
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2005, 02:15:15 am »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
This thread has allayed great concerns I once had for the upcoming movie sucking so hard it ate my soul. I feel pessimistically optomistic now, leveled with a dose lethargic ambivalence. Mos Def still rings wrong for me, but what the hells and all.


This is exactly how I felt in the run up to Lord of the Rings.  That one, it turns out blew me away.  I think it's ok to raise your expectations.  It's gonna be good, have faith.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
H2G2
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2005, 12:11:27 am »

The official site is live. I like the little Marvin in the corner. They also get points for using a Bjork song in the background.[/url]
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
H2G2
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2005, 09:30:57 am »

Some dude in my math class did a project related to first weekend box office proceeds.  He showed the trailer for this movie, and I guess he's organizing a class outing Friday night, right after the final.  It's a weird class.  I'll probably go if I don't have to work, mainly because it's been quite a while (for me, anyway) since I've been to a movie in a theatre.

Has anyone seen it yet?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
H2G2
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 12:12:36 pm »

Nope. I really need to sort something out and go see it. I guess I am off on Monday, but I doubt I will get anything organised for this weekend. It won't get to this shitty little town for another couple of months, and nothing's worth seeing on the screen here!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up