Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs O' March  (Read 6997 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

toddster

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Blogs O' March
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2005, 09:07:52 am »

Phillipe likes They Might Be Giants. I wonder if Onstad bought No! for him. I can picture him listening to Bed Bed Bed at bedtime.

I now have one more thing in common with a fictitious alive stuffed animal than I thought I did.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogs O' March
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2005, 02:53:37 pm »

To Beef:
and to Molly's friend Kelly:

TOO MUCH INFORMATION.

As for Chris: It takes real talent to write such a fine couple of paragraphs about a Fed Ex delivery.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs O' March
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2005, 03:53:18 pm »

Ray's cake fetish rears its ugly head once more. And how was Molly unaware of squirting? Dang lady, didn't they have the internet in heaven?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs O' March
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2005, 06:42:21 pm »

God, I love the word "KüchenFückers." I think I'm going to be saying it all day to myself and then chuckling. Umlauts help everything, you know?
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Blogs O' March
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2005, 05:43:03 am »

So, I'm terribly curious about this "limoncello" of which Onstad speaks (having come far down that particular path myself) - has anyone had it before?  Does it really take that long to prepare?  Is it worth it?
Logged

toddster

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
Blogs O' March
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2005, 10:50:18 am »

Quote from: "Max"
So, I'm terribly curious about this "limoncello" of which Onstad speaks (having come far down that particular path myself) - has anyone had it before?

Yep.

Quote from: "Max"
Does it really take that long to prepare?

Yep.

Quote from: "Max"
Is it worth it?

Big time yep.

And also it looks like Mt. St. Helens isn't the only thing Beef may have to watch for eruptions from.

The fact that I even typed that sentence unnerves me.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Blogs O' March
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2005, 12:56:08 pm »

Quote from: "toddster"
Quote from: "Max"
So, I'm terribly curious about this "limoncello" of which Onstad speaks (having come far down that particular path myself) - has anyone had it before?

Yep.

Quote from: "Max"
Does it really take that long to prepare?

Yep.

Quote from: "Max"
Is it worth it?

Big time yep.

And also it looks like Mt. St. Helens isn't the only thing Beef may have to watch for eruptions from.

The fact that I even typed that sentence unnerves me.



You know it's comedy when the setup makes you wince.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs O' March
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2005, 03:28:28 pm »

Quote from: "Max"
So, I'm terribly curious about this "limoncello" of which Onstad speaks (having come far down that particular path myself) - has anyone had it before?  Does it really take that long to prepare?  Is it worth it?

My dad makes it sometimes. The most annoying part, aside from the waiting, is that Everclear is illegal in VA so he has to drive to another state and listen to a lecture from the liquor store guy about how dangerous it is.

It taste like candy so it's really really easy to drink way, way too much.
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Blogs O' March
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2005, 03:45:18 am »

ok, could someone post a tried-and-true sort of recipe on here?  onstad doesn't quite delve into the specifics enough for me.  (also, i am using a fairly tiny freezer, ie one that comes in your standard dorm sized fridge - what are my odds?)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs O' March
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2005, 04:01:33 am »

Try Googling, I found about eleventy billion recipes.  Basically all you do is soak a bunch of lemon zest in Everclear for a week, then mix in a simple syrup.  Really really potent lemonade.

I'm gonna try it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Blogs O' March
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2005, 06:12:22 am »

perhaps we can compare results.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs O' March
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2005, 01:53:19 pm »

I thought "steamed ham" was just a regional dialect from upstate New York.

At least Philippe isn't have a complex about not being the youngest. Not yet, anyway.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up