Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album  (Read 7396 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« on: March 04, 2005, 12:15:03 pm »

I think Ray is about to feel some serious pain.  I only hope he can keep Dr. Andretti on the line long enough to hear it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 12:22:44 pm »

I predict curb-your-enthusiasm style farce.
Pat will play, Ray will say something offensive (such as comparing his wife to Hitler) and Andretti will get in a huff.
God Pat, how do you do it?
Logged

MaxAce

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 12:31:04 pm »

I liked the phrase "always so quick to speak". That made me laugh.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 01:11:18 pm »

Quote from: "cellardoor"
I predict curb-your-enthusiasm style farce.
Pat will play, Ray will say something offensive (such as comparing his wife to Hitler) and Andretti will get in a huff.
God Pat, how do you do it?


Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking, but in my haste to be the first poster I kept my comments brief.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 01:27:30 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "cellardoor"
I predict curb-your-enthusiasm style farce.
Pat will play, Ray will say something offensive (such as comparing his wife to Hitler) and Andretti will get in a huff.
God Pat, how do you do it?


Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking, but in my haste to be the first poster I kept my comments brief.

~Paul


It stands to reason when someone hateful like Pat plays it, Ray gets happy and nice.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 01:30:39 pm »

My favorute panel is definitely "See if you can guess which battle!"

Damn it Pat, you are a DICK.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 01:35:13 pm »

What the Hell is wrong with Ray?  THE MAN IS AT A RESTAURANT WITH HIS MOTHER.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 01:52:14 pm »

I wonder if Ray will react while not actually able to hear the banjo. Since he's made another call he won't hear through his phone any more.

Also, "experience" a composition? Damn Pat is lame.
Logged

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 02:11:01 pm »

I really like James Iha's first album. It's really good. Sure it's a bit sentimental and flowery, but there are some strong melodies and tight chord progressions.

Oh yeah patsabighairycock
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 02:19:06 pm »

this is historically the best cliff hanger in history.  what will happen when that biggest asshole on the planet strums the evil might of the banjo of doom whilst the hapless vistim attempts to have a phone conversation with his congenial doctor who is dining for the evening with his mother?

Find out,
NEXT WEEK!

dum, Dum, DUM!

yay!


edit-

ps-
the look on pat's face, panel 4.   makes me want to cold punch him in the ugly face he has and is making.  grrr.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 02:20:02 pm »

Agreed, this is a hell of a thing to be kept waiting for over the weekend.  Scare-ree.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 02:47:28 pm »

Ray needs to Be Strong Now.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 02:47:32 pm »

Antietam!
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 03:32:08 pm »

I can't say I ever dared listen to the Iha album, since the two tracks he wrote on Mellon Collie were by far the worst. And I never listen to that album anymore, or the Pumpkins really for that matter.

Also, I still just really like this arc. It's good shit.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
3/4/05 Worse than a solo James Iha Album
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 03:55:11 pm »

I find Doc Andretti hilarious. Nice strip.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up