Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Mac Mini - Seriously  (Read 13028 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2005, 11:15:34 pm »

I signed up under your code, jough.  I think.  I'm not sure I did it right.

How many more do you need?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2005, 03:58:53 am »

I have lots of signups, but only 6 of them have completed their requirement.

If you've signed up for something and haven't gotten credit for it yet, and it's been more than 15 days, you should contact them.  I threatened to cancel my signup and they credited me a couple days later.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2005, 05:29:25 am »

Jesus, jough, don't you recognize a Ponzi scheme when you see one?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2005, 06:45:43 am »

Yeah, well, usually I avoid these things like muslims avoid pork, but I personally know four people that got free mac minis out of this deal.

So I'll throw a link up and let it happen, you know?

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2005, 06:49:30 pm »

Can you tell if the signup I did counts toward your total?  What info would you need?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 04:22:02 am »

Weird.  Null, yours says:

Joined, but offer not completed.
User did not join via referral link.

Then if you didn't sign up via my referral link why does your email address show up in my list?

WTF?

Or does that mean that you didn't complete an offer using the referral link?

I don't know.  I'd contact them to get proper credit.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 01:06:35 pm »

Jough, you should get full credit for me signing up to the Columbia House DVD thing.   Let me know if there's anything I can do here.

...other than signing up again.  Good lord, what an ultra-suck selection of DVDs.  By which I mean lame, not that they feature oral sex.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 02:19:45 pm »

Quote from: "Null"
signing up to the Columbia House DVD thing


COULD THIS BE the most embarrassing thread in this board's history?
Logged

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 05:00:58 pm »

Null wrote:
signing up to the Columbia House DVD thing

COULD THIS BE the most embarrassing thread in this board's history?


Could be, could be.  We'll have to tune in tomorrow for the next exciting chapter.

NEXT CHAPTER:  Null got out of the car before it exploded and flew off the cliff.  Cheat value:  1.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2005, 07:10:30 pm »

Hey Null, there's a button that says "Quote." You don't have to copy/paste/italicize text; in fact, it generates better HTML than that.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2005, 08:36:14 pm »

Hey, I built a pretty decent dvd collection from CH.  There's no shame in paying an average of $7 a disc rather than $20.

Anyway, I have no idea what that message means, but check to see whether your account says that you've completed an offer.

Like I said, I have no idea why it would tell me that you didn't use my referral link and then show you in my list of referrerals anyway.

It just don't add up.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2005, 09:18:02 pm »

This is their explanation.  It doesn't make any sense to me either, but it confirms that I won't get credit for your signup:

Quote
This means that this user did not sucessfully join our site by clicking your exact referral link. Users must join from your link in order to get credit. This user has joined our site, but you cannot receive referral credit for them completing any offers.

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 07:25:32 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
This is their explanation.  It doesn't make any sense to me either, but it confirms that I won't get credit for your signup:

Quote
This means that this user did not sucessfully join our site by clicking your exact referral link. Users must join from your link in order to get credit. This user has joined our site, but you cannot receive referral credit for them completing any offers.


That can't be right.  I signed up right through the link on your first message, and didn't kill the browser or anything like that.  If it didn't go through under your code, there's something wrong with the way they're recording these things.

They should credit you for this, bottom line.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 07:39:18 pm »

Sounds like they're moving the goal posts on ya, Jough. Surprise!
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Free Mac Mini - Seriously
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 10:50:55 pm »

Yeah, fun fun fun.

Well, this is the first and last time I'll deal with the Gratis network.  Lesson learned.

I have heard from people that referrals don't go through if people use Firefox, but then again, why does an email address show up in my account as a referral if they're telling me that I'm not getting credit for it because they didn't use my referral link.

It makes no sense.

Null, I'd write them saying that you want to be credited, otherwise you'll have to cancel your CH membership.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up