Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/9/05 The Science is ahead of the Funding  (Read 4778 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
3/9/05 The Science is ahead of the Funding
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 06:54:35 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Oh dear, a nice paper store seems like a very soothing concept to me too.  It's always so horrifying to be put in touch with one's inner Pat.


I have an intense love of art supplies, and paper shops would be lovely. At one of Denver's toniest malls, Cherry Creek Mall, there is a Crane paper shop. They have really beautiful (and hella expensive) stationery.

Anyhow, Pat's still an asshole, and I don't blame any of the other Achewoodians for not following. Good riddance, I say. It'll be interesting to see where the banjo takes him.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
3/9/05 The Science is ahead of the Funding
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 07:01:09 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
The fact that saponification is a word fills me with disturbing amounts of joy.


I prefer eutriphication, thank you.
I once wrote on a college geology exam, "At this point a eutriphologist must be called in to perform a eutriphectomy."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
3/9/05 The Science is ahead of the Funding
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 09:32:31 pm »

I go to school next to a Kate's Paperie. Never has there been a more useless store, but...meh. Sometimes I need nice paper for dumbass assignments, and then I loves it.

This strip is officially a Golden God. I also love how, even in Pat's fantasies, he cannot keep annoying PEOPLE out.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

V-Adore

  • Guest
3/9/05 The Science is ahead of the Funding
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 09:39:07 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The fact that saponification is a word fills me with disturbing amounts of joy.


I prefer eutriphication, thank you.
I once wrote on a college geology exam, "At this point a eutriphologist must be called in to perform a eutriphectomy."

This is the kind of sentence that fills you with mad glee. I've written a few in my time at college. ("'Here the toxin creates increased sensitivity and higher action potential in the neuron'... did I just write neuro-porn?")

(Forensic thread noted as off-topic but not split because of a problem.)

I sort of like the paper store idea, too, but I like how Pat starts to climb right back onto the beach when he thinks that a paper store might have employees.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
3/9/05 The Science is ahead of the Funding
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 11:17:50 pm »

I'm suprised no one has brought up the 'No one has ruined it yet' line. That is just pure sociopathic pat (no capital letter for YOU bucko) to me.
I read a book a little while ago written from a point of view of an autistic kid and one part detailed the character's favourite dream, in which everyone else but him died of a quick spreading virus, this is what it must be like in pat's head, not malicious but a total inability to see anything from anyone elses point of view and therefore deal with others.

He can still go get fucked mind.
Preferably by the end of the banjo with the knobs to tightening strings.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
3/9/05 The Science is ahead of the Funding
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2005, 04:16:20 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
SAPONIFY!!!  


Per a discussion with Golfhaus about the latest Burger King commercial, the word of the day is:

RIPARIAN

Witness:

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles and Golfhaus"

Bobby Isosceles: if we're taking his description of his land
Bobby Isosceles: then the sandwich is a fruit of some sort covered in river water, weeds and asphalt
Golfhaus: I would live in a would where chicken was a fruit.
Bobby Isosceles: i still wouldnt eat an asphalt and giardia sandwich
Bobby Isosceles: i mean, picture a riparian parasite that lived in RANCH DRESSING. that fucker would totally be invincible.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up