Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 3/10/05: HARR-RGH  (Read 7063 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

toddster

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« on: March 10, 2005, 10:26:36 am »

What the hell is a bonch?

I love that Pat is so wrapped up in his happy place delusion that Todd intruding on it really seems to upset him. Much more so than the whole 'being dragged down the street by an animate banjo neck' thing.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 12:40:02 pm »

That's the power of moby!
This is excellent, like those cool gags on Police Squad/Naked Gun where one small mishap is followed by larger and larger calamities.
Next, Pat is dragged through a gay bar!
Logged

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 12:47:36 pm »

The dog gag was great. This series of strips totally lends itself to animation, especially this recent one with no dialouge.

Living banjos are awesome. Steve Martin would undoubtedly agree.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

palm trees

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 203
    • View Profile
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 01:19:54 pm »

so... much... schadenfreude...
Logged
[size=10]***DESTROY VINYL***[/size][/color]

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 01:42:43 pm »

For the love of God, read the alt text and realize that this thread MUST be named "Emesis Style"
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2005, 02:06:13 pm »

It's all about the eyebrows
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 02:08:21 pm »

I'm glad Todd puked instead of kindly chewing through a string.  (Not that the chords of the devil can be so simply put asunder, mind you.  But he does have close ties to Blister and the like.)

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 04:47:32 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
For the love of God, read the alt text and realize that this thread MUST be named "Emesis Style"


seriously. Chumps never do anything right around here.

The slapstick effect of the dog was great. you dont really realize that the dog is asleep at first, sort of creeps up on you, its very intense. Picture the experience from pat's perspective!
Logged
[expletive deleted]

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 07:50:38 pm »

I think "bonch" is the most unsettling term for the male gential region that I have ever heard.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

V-Adore

  • Guest
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 08:10:32 pm »

The dog-being-asleep gag is funny, yeah, and really brings home the indignity of the situation for Pat. It isn't just that Todd puked on him and that a dog licked him -- it's that he was pulled under the tongue of a totally asleep dog. All emesis-style, yo.

(Do dogs ever actually fall asleep like this?)
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 08:20:27 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I think "bonch" is the most unsettling term for the male gential region that I have ever heard.


Worse than blood pudding?
Logged
I am older now.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 08:29:34 pm »

Quote from: "antioch"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I think "bonch" is the most unsettling term for the male gential region that I have ever heard.


Worse than blood pudding?


You got me there. Funny thing is, I heard them both from Achewood. Thanks, Onstad.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 08:43:46 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "antioch"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I think "bonch" is the most unsettling term for the male gential region that I have ever heard.


Worse than blood pudding?


You got me there. Funny thing is, I heard them both from Achewood. Thanks, Onstad.


The way I see it, bonch has a subprofane impact that makes it perfect for throwing around with the dudes. Eg, "Did you see Steve get rejected? BONCH!"
Logged
I am older now.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 01:05:06 am »

I guess no one else thought that was Heartbeatzz.

THE HEART NOSE COULD BE A PROSTHETIC

Oh, and the archive (Google search for "Heartbeatzz") calls today's strip "Pat's Heart of Darkness - Outer Ring", so I'm guessing it's just going to get more horrifying. On a Friday, naturally.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
3/10/05: HARR-RGH
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 01:08:46 am »

Great strip, would read again.

Anyone notice that once todd falls off Pat looks directly into his asshole? At least, I'm pretty sure that's the reason for his horrified expression...
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up