Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?  (Read 5821 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« on: August 18, 2003, 01:18:33 pm »

http://www.ghettoloverecording.com/photos/wesley.html

I have nothing to say about it, I just think others should see it.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 11:09:59 pm »

Moved to Sounds.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 01:55:11 am »

I think that belongs in sights! Maybe smells... Maybe just in the scariest recesses of our imaginations!

I'm yet to discover what this Wesley Willis thing is, of which people speak. One day I guess...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 04:59:19 am »

slink, download Wesley Willis - Arnold Schwarzeneggar for a good example of his work (it is all basically the same song with some different words).  

It'll help you get the "Rock over TCP, rock on XML" reference here:
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07222003
Logged

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 05:02:43 am »

You know, I actually heard that song on the announcements in high school.  Our school did televised announcements with a long, poorly rendered lead-in accompanied by music.

Codeine makes me feel good.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 02:02:14 pm »

MY EYES!

The Goggles, they do nothing!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
like a god-damned accident
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 06:14:12 pm »

what happened to him
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2003, 05:39:06 pm »

Not a fan or anything, but I just read on Fark that this guy died yesterday.

http://www.alternativetentacles.com/news.php?sd=GuYBi6YFqtOXPvkcbRe

Sorry.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2003, 06:20:39 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Not a fan or anything, but I just read on Fark that this guy died yesterday.

http://www.alternativetentacles.com/news.php?sd=GuYBi6YFqtOXPvkcbRe

Sorry.


I think we broke it:
Quote

Warning: Too many connections in /home/at/webs/lib/dbconnect.inc on line 6

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/at/webs/lib/dbconnect.inc on line 6

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/at/webs/lib/dbconnect.inc on line 7
Couldn't connect to database


I love that you read Jello Biafra's web site, assumingly on a regular basis.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2003, 06:58:32 pm »

Naah, I'd never been there before.  I just followed a link on FARK.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2003, 06:45:49 pm »

Sad.  I will miss him.

I followed that link to Biafra's site and there are 7 items in my shopping cart.  That's kind of weird.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2003, 07:19:29 pm »

Quote from: "beverly"
I followed that link to Biafra's site and there are 7 items in my shopping cart.  That's kind of weird.


That's awfully presumptuous of them, isn't it. "We'll start you off with this stuff you'll need and then you can add to it..."

Actually, that's just the result of August's link, showing his ID there.

So basically August either showed us what he added to his cart, or else the contents of the cart from whomever he found the link.

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 05:04:41 am »

I think it's funny that his identifier starts out with "Guy Bi 6Y Fgt"
Logged

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2003, 02:28:03 pm »

Other Wesley Willis classics:

Rock and Roll Macdonald's
I Whooped Batman's Ass


Rock Over London, Rock on Chicago.
Wheaties, breakfast of champions..
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Any Wesley Willis fans up in here?
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2003, 01:52:01 am »

I'm sorry, but the ulitimate classic is "Cut the Mullet"!  
I love that song!  
It is a song to the max.  
That song really does the rock and roll!
That song really rocks!

Rock over London, Rock on Chicago!
Skittles, taste the Rainbow!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up