Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks like I lost my job today.  (Read 3025 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Looks like I lost my job today.
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 01:46:51 am »

Quite frankly, I don't know how much a person can tell from postings on an anonymous message-board, but I have to say that basically all the regulars here are pretty damn good eggs.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Looks like I lost my job today.
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2005, 10:27:49 pm »

To update you all, the hammer fell Friday afternoon and I have been officially unemployed since then.  I've got about 6 weeks worth of vacation and comp time that I'll get paid for, so that's some cushion.  I've been tied up with family stuff since then, and just generally digesting the situation.  I start evaluating and taking action in earnest tomorrow.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Looks like I lost my job today.
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2005, 11:20:33 pm »

Man, the waiting has got to be the worst part. Was it any relief to finally have the hammer fall?

It's good to have some cushion, though. Make sure you take time for yourself - that's all I suggest. I was hoping to have the "Summer of George"-type thing but that's not gonna happen since I don't get the package I thought I was getting. At least have a "Week of Frank" or something.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up