Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here  (Read 7158 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« on: March 17, 2005, 03:43:01 pm »

May the Luck of the Irish be with you today.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 03:57:13 pm »

When you die, may you be in Heaven half an hour before the Devil knows you're dead. Of course, for this to work you have to die, so that's not great, but still . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 03:58:42 pm »

I'm just hoping I don't get an Irish-style beatdown.  They take St. Pat's way too seriously out here (the college students get the day off, fer gawds sake), and I have a habit of bad-mouthing this particular "holiday."







But I wore my green All-Stars anayway.

Slainte!
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 04:29:44 pm »

Irish-style beatdowns are what St. Patrick's Day (not fuck*ng St. PADDY'S Day) are all about.

You could alternately read some Irish Poetry.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 04:30:37 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I'm just hoping I don't get an Irish-style beatdown.  They take St. Pat's way too seriously out here (the college students get the day off, fer gawds sake), and I have a habit of bad-mouthing this particular "holiday."

Shouldn't they get off for the day after?
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 05:35:16 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I'm just hoping I don't get an Irish-style beatdown.  They take St. Pat's way too seriously out here (the college students get the day off, fer gawds sake), and I have a habit of bad-mouthing this particular "holiday."

Shouldn't they get off for the day after?


Actually, they're on "spring recess" right now, which is basically a four-day weekend for no good reason.

This will give you an idea of what I'm talking about:
http://web.umr.edu/~stpats/events/snakes.html

Quote from: "Jough"
You could alternately read some Irish Poetry.

I was thinking some Swift, personally.  A Modest Proposal for everyone!
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 05:55:00 pm »

I totally wore my green Ray shirt on accident.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 06:23:17 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"


This will give you an idea of what I'm talking about:
http://web.umr.edu/~stpats/events/snakes.html


This is just plain silly. And in the middle of Missouri for chrissakes.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 09:46:55 pm »

I'm wearing a green shirt that I had to febreeze because the last time I wore it, I stood in an English giraffe and chips shop for 30 minutes and so I smelled like I had been deep fried, Mars bar stylezzzz, and my Pogues shirt underneath. I'm feeling the Irish Prydeeee.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 01:47:28 am »

I wore my Lyle's "enjoy any time" Achewater shirt yesterday, because I got it in charcoal, not green. Today, I'm wearing an Urban Outfitters' shirt (green) which reads "I'm a drinker, not a fighter" around a white four-leaved shamrock.

I haven't been to work in a couple days. I'm ill, did I mention that?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 03:02:51 pm »

Yesterday I wore a kilt.  There is no better way to get women to want to peek at your (my) junk.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2005, 04:35:47 pm »

I did not celebrate St Pat's day, as I am not Irish. However, on March 16th, I of course paid homage to the one and only St. Urho, who drove the grasshoppers from Finland.

--grew up 8 miles from the giant statue of him
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2005, 06:44:29 pm »

We went to Benigan's for happy hour yesterday.  They played the Numa Numa song on the stereo there.  Because it's all Irish an' shit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 07:20:17 pm »

Quote from: "Mite"
I did not celebrate St Pat's day, as I am not Irish. However, on March 16th, I of course paid homage to the one and only St. Urho, who drove the grasshoppers from Finland.

--grew up 8 miles from the giant statue of him


This is awesome. I don't understand why the original tale from 1956 talks about poisonous frogs, though. That is one righteous statue.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
03/17/05: Blarney Spoken Here
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 08:48:24 pm »

1956?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up