Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TiVo  (Read 1810 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
TiVo
« on: August 18, 2003, 04:49:46 pm »

Stupid mac.com. I tried e-mailing Lileks to tell him that TiVo doesn't need a phone line anymore (unless he still has a Series 1) and you can just use your home network, even if it's wireless but his lame mac.com e-mail address is over its quota.

LAME!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Oh boy we started a computer thread
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 03:01:59 am »

Don't let him hear you say anything mac related is lame.  He waxes poetic about how great mac is which, having never used one I couldn't actually dispute, but sounds a bit over the top.  However, he rags on the PC something fierce and knowing a thing or two about that I have to say the man may be on to something.  PC's do suck, but are Mac's really that good?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
TiVo
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 03:47:28 am »

Having used both, I'd have to say that if we didn't live in a PC-dominated world, I'd be on a mac.  However, being a gamer, I just can't wait 8 months to a year for games to be ported to OSX before I play them, if they get there at all.  

However, Lileks has missed a few improvements to the PC world.  For instance, the music software he talked about today has a PC counterpart: Sonic Foundry's Acid.  It's keen.  And it's been out for several years.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up