Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!  (Read 5102 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 02:48:44 am »

I have a bottle of vodka and a bag of ice and I'm preparing to mix the two.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 02:50:40 am »

Yes . . . well . . .

Party-pooper.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 04:05:20 am »

I have a flask of whiskey and any fluids I can get from my own body.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 04:07:06 am »

Actually, I didn't even RTFA before I posted.  I was able to surmise it was about drinkin', thus my post.

I guess I'm something of a purist.  I drink my coffee black and my liquor straight (or on the rocks.)  Big thing around here is Bourbon and Coke, especially Makers and Coke.  I like bourbon.  I like good bourbon.  I like Makers, although it isn't my favorite, it's still very damn good.  Pouring fuck*ng Coca-Cola (or anything other than a little bit of water) in good whiskey is downright blasphemy!  Don't you like the taste of the liquor?  Why are you trying to hide it?  It's GOOD WHISKEY!  Mr. Samuels put a great deal of effort (and highly skilled marketing) into that whiskey, so you should drink it so you can taste it without hiding it behind the teat milk of those corporate whores from Atlanta!  Have some Dig.Nit.Y.

Ok, I'm better.

Actually, I do have another mixer.  And it has the potential to make things strange.  I've had the cold from hell all weekend.  I suppose it's my just desserts because I've felt secretly smug all winter because I escaped the epizootics.  Fear not cosmic justice fans -- I got mine.  BAM!  I spent the weekend moaning on the couch.  Thankfully, for a college basketball fan there couldn't be a better weekend to spend on the couch.  March Madness is small to moderate consideration for 72 hours of hacking and wheezing however.

So, I've had the cold from hell.  Woke up this morning and it's moved from my chest to my head, which is the usually scheme of things in my corpus delecti.  Been semi-drugged all day, but not with the really good stuff cause it knocks me right out.  Clears the nose up but puts me right to sleep.  I guess it clears my nose up -- it could just know me unconscious such that I don't give a damn about my nose.

Anyway, I'm refreshing my vodka and washing down a couple of Benadryl.  I don't have a clever name for this cocktail (yet...)  I trust my fellow Achers are up to the task of naming this decoction.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 04:35:46 am »

I also like my liqour more or less straight.  Although I do like Bloody Marys.

Beer is King though.  I love beer.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 02:53:42 pm »

Damn it the site doesn't help me with the 4 year old bottle of Uzo that was left at a house after a party.  No one will drink it.  It is gross.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 03:46:29 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Damn it the site doesn't help me with the 4 year old bottle of Uzo that was left at a house after a party.  No one will drink it.  It is gross.


Try spelling it "Ouzo".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 05:09:50 pm »

I only mix bourbon with ice. I'll mix vodka with various things, though. And of course, being at work, I need to find cocktails that don't actually include real liquor. Like shooters made from Listerine and Nyquil - mmmmmm!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 05:43:19 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "side_show"
Damn it the site doesn't help me with the 4 year old bottle of Uzo that was left at a house after a party.  No one will drink it.  It is gross.


Try spelling it "Ouzo".


Woops!  All were way too disgusting to even consider, but then I consider ouzo too disgusting to consider.  Does anyone actually like ouzo?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 05:45:10 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Does anyone actually like ouzo?


No, but it does turn cloudy if you put anything in it.  So it's the thing to drink if you're worried someone's gonna slip you a mickey.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 05:52:44 pm »

The band-geek drink-of-choice when I was in college was the b&c but I found them gross. Rum & Coke I can kind of see. Sort of. Vaguely. But b&c? Nasty.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 07:18:59 pm »

The only cocktain I've ever invented came after someone at the restaurant I worked at asked for a "Sex on the Beach," which meant that we actually had to go look up how to make a Sex on the Beach on the internet. We decided that actual sex on a beach is probably pretty uncomfortable, so we decided to make a drink about a sexual encounter just as awkward and painful.

Sex In The Back Of My Mom's Car
Drink a fourth of a bottle of Mountain Dew. Leave it capless for a week, until it's totally flat. Fill it up with really bad vodka. Drink. Cry.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 07:21:20 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
The only cocktain I've ever invented came after someone at the restaurant I worked at asked for a "Sex on the Beach," which meant that we actually had to go look up how to make a Sex on the Beach on the internet. We decided that actual sex on a beach is probably pretty uncomfortable, so we decided to make a drink about a sexual encounter just as awkward and painful.

Sex In The Back Of My Mom's Car
Drink a fourth of a bottle of Mountain Dew. Leave it capless for a week, until it's totally flat. Fill it up with really bad vodka. Drink. Cry.

This reminds me of kinds in school who used to dump a handful of Skittles into their Mountain Dew to make a "SKittles Shooter"
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
What do you have laying around? Let's get drunk!
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 07:51:04 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
"SKittles Shooter"


Aaaaaaaaah, Skittlebrau!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up