Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Where the Hell is V?  (Read 6574 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 07:20:17 pm »

I LIVE

Ben reported the situation pretty much as it happened; my parents have Cox cable, so while I was at their house over break I was totally unable to connect to Plagiarist. I have now returned, and life is all right again. I trust nothing hugely terrible has happened in my absence?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 10:48:06 pm »

I would state that it is telling that the cable company that doesn't allow this board is called Cox; I would then guess that the name comes from the fact that they suck teh cox.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2005, 11:24:52 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I LIVE

Ben reported the situation pretty much as it happened; my parents have Cox cable, so while I was at their house over break I was totally unable to connect to Plagiarist. I have now returned, and life is all right again. I trust nothing hugely terrible has happened in my absence?


And what if it did?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 12:38:22 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I LIVE

Ben reported the situation pretty much as it happened; my parents have Cox cable, so while I was at their house over break I was totally unable to connect to Plagiarist. I have now returned, and life is all right again. I trust nothing hugely terrible has happened in my absence?


And what if it did?

That was more an "I'm curious" than an "I'm gonna have to lay down the law, aren't I?"

Although, I mean... if people wanted, I guess I could lay down the law. Or a law. Or something.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2005, 06:24:05 am »

I vote "Boo to that".
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 11:32:00 pm »

Andalucia hasn't posted since March 6 [I checked].  I think she's run off with the drummer in a heavy metal band.  Andalucia we miss you.  Write to tell us you are all right.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 11:56:07 pm »

I see her on IM all the time, although I do not actually converse with her.  I'll have to ask her how she is the next time I see her online.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005, 05:57:02 am »

I wrote her a while ago.....on Facebook. She's just dealing with some stuff and said she'll be back ASAP. I think she complimented your tomatos, Paul.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2005, 10:01:19 pm »

(I guess this is where this would go, I don't feel the need to start a whole andathread about myself...)



Hello my darlings,
I am back from my sojourn in real life.  Had one of those times when personal life, health, and financial situation all imploded in a spray of brightly-coloured sparks.  I guess that would be more like an explosion than an implosion, but you get the idea.  And my computer broke.

All is more or less restored to its original condition here with no permanent damage done on any fronts, so I am back to talk about made-up talking animals with all of you.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 01:11:04 am »

Hooray!

(Will not even mention Facebook, will not even mention...)
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 01:44:11 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Hooray!

(Will not even mention Facebook, will not even mention...)


I know, I know, I'm embarassed enough.  At least at some point I got a bit of shame and deleted my painfully extensive/pretentious Favourites list from my profile.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 04:49:03 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Hooray!

(Will not even mention Facebook, will not even mention...)


I know, I know, I'm embarassed enough.  At least at some point I got a bit of shame and deleted my painfully extensive/pretentious Favourites list from my profile.

I share your secret shame. Er, not that secretly, but hey.

I don't even know what Facebook is for. And I have one anyway. It's very strange.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 03:35:16 pm »

Old fart alert:

I don't even know what Facebook is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 03:45:32 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Old fart alert:

I don't even know what Facebook is.


Me either.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Where the Hell is V?
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2005, 04:13:55 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Old fart alert:

I don't even know what Facebook is.

Assuming Andalucia and I are talking about the same service, Facebook is Thefacebook.com, a web site which... well, hosts profiles of college students from a dizzying number of schools. Users can edit their profiles, make usergroups, and list their friends. It's very pretty but fails to actually do anything, honestly -- I mean, what is the possible utility? The ability to find someone from your old high school and say "hi, I still exist?"
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up