Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Weight Watching 2005  (Read 10073 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Weight Watching 2005
« on: March 23, 2005, 05:16:22 am »

Why is the other weight thread locked?

Anyway, I've been meaning to mention that my weight loss efforts have proceeded apace.  I had been struggling mightiily since this past Thanksgiving, but for the past 5 weeks i've regained the groove I was in before and as of tonights weigh in I am back into virgin weight loss.  It's 103.4 pounds total thus far.  Just wanted to share that.

My key to sucess is exercise

Tennis Anyone
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 05:38:26 am »

I probably locked it only because it was 6 months since anyone posted. I'll be happy to reopen it and move this post over there, or let this new topic stand.

And congrats on your continuing weight loss. That's really hard to do because it involves so many really ingrained behaviors and requires changing how you think and how you live. Kudos, seriously.

 Although I wasn't significantly overweight, I've been swimming a couple times a week for the last month and i've been losing weight and inches around the belly and gaining inches in the upper body and arms. It's working well.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 02:16:13 pm »

Good jorb Paul!

I exercise regularly (3-4 days per week), but I still eat and drink too much so my weight is pretty stable.

Also as to why the thread may have been locked, there were some board-wide issues a while ago while you were gone.  I think all threads prior to that point are locked.  They can be unlocked, but they automatically defaulted to locked.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 03:21:07 pm »

Way to go Paul!

I actually noticed your weight loss (in spite of the hair bib) in your barbershop photo, but didn't comment.

My SO and I work out 3 days a week at the YMCA, and it is truly fun to stay at the YMCA (for brief spans of time and not including the public showering thing.)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 04:18:53 pm »

if anyone is looking for an exercise routine i highly recommend boxing.  i started doing that like three months ago and now i have hell of biceps.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 04:35:13 pm »

Rock, Paul. I have been thinking of the weight thread the last few weeks myself. I let things get away from me over the past 6+ months, but I'm getting back into it and have lost about ten pounds (elliptical machine, mostly, with some ab work).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 07:20:06 pm »

I successfully quit smoking back in September, and proceeded to gain about 30 pounds after quitting.  I have ten of that off since the beginning of the year.  What seems to be helping is Racquetball and Weights.  

I'm kind of upset with my gym right now and looking for a different place to go, but there aren't many other gyms in town that have racquetball.  I think I can live without it, but I think a big piece of what has kept me going to the gym is knowing that someone else is counting on me to be there.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 10:35:40 pm »

Hey Paul, keep it up and EVERYONE will think you're a dick when you make fun of fat chicks.

:up:

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 11:18:41 pm »

Flag on the play: crossposting and off topic.

No stalking people around the board simply to flame them.

Add 10 seconds to the clock. Replay second down.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 07:54:33 pm »

Congrats on the weight-loss.   That's fantastic.  Hardly to be believed.

Here's a recap on the Chubbo Picasso story:

- JL and I went on weightwatchers.
- I lost a little weight.
- JL got pregnant and went off weightwatchers.
- I gained back most of it.
- JL gave birth.  We started losing sleep.
- I lost five pounds.
- The baby's doing great, and we're sleeping okay.
- I'm almos back where I started.

Monday I go back to the office, as opposed to working from home.  I think I'll get back on my caring-what-I-eat routine then.

Excelsior!
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 04:13:19 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
virgin weight loss


I love that term, don't know why.


Also, OH AWESOME!  Congratulations!  Since we're not real well acquainted this probably seems a bit of a hoaky compliment but I have many relatives who have struggled with their weight for a long long time and I can appreciate from observation, at least, the work you must really be doing.  Sweet. Sweet. Sweet.

Have a nice day.

(and, yes, I'm up for tennis)

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 09:32:44 pm »

I'm also on the weight-loss tip, Paul!  Congrats on your already considerable achievement, and good wishes for going forward.  Leafy greens, dude, I'm telling you.

I managed to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight within 2 weeks of when my baby was born.  Unfortunately, my pre-preg weight was nothing to be proud of--190lbs.  I'm 5'8" tall, so I need to lose about 50 lbs.  I have an unfair advantage in that breastfeeding alone burns at least 500 calories per day.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 09:38:14 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
I have an unfair advantage in that breastfeeding alone burns at least 500 calories per day.


That's great! How long do I have to feed for to burn 500 calories?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2005, 10:40:08 pm »

For 15-45 minutes every 1-3 hours.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Weight Watching 2005
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2005, 11:50:38 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
For 15-45 minutes every 1-3 hours.


Hmm . . . well, I'll ask my wife, but I think that's going to be too much of a time commitment for her. She'll probably just tell me to get on my damn bicycle.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up