Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Easter  (Read 4045 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2005, 05:21:21 am »

Just a simple dinner around here.  I made a (turkey) ham with a basic mustard-brown sugar glaze, some corn on the cob and potatoes au gratin.  Nothing fancy, but it was tasty, perhaps due in part to the blood sacrifice I made while preparing dinner.

I was cutting the potatoes (on a mandolin) when my mother called.  Wanting to be efficient, I kept cutting (withut the safety-guard-holder-thing) while talking with her.  When I sliced into my thumb, I somehow managed to refrain from screaming profanities as I hurled the phone across the kitchen.  

Oh, and we had ice cream, too!
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Happy Easter
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2005, 03:47:08 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I did a semi-boneless leg of lamb on the grill.


Does it have a bone?
It has a bone.
Then it's... a bone!
Ain't no semi-bone!
--G. Carlin
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 04:47:49 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Risotto.


Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Frittattas.


Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
It was pretty rad.


But where was the Ketel One?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Happy Easter
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 05:11:41 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
Just a simple dinner around here.  I made a (turkey) ham with a basic mustard-brown sugar glaze, some corn on the cob and potatoes au gratin.  Nothing fancy, but it was tasty, perhaps due in part to the blood sacrifice I made while preparing dinner.


I am clearly in a different league than the rest of you. For me, "a simple dinner" means a package of Ramen noodles. And that I didn't add any liquor to my Coke.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2005, 05:56:23 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I was cutting the potatoes (on a mandolin) when my mother called.  Wanting to be efficient, I kept cutting (withut the safety-guard-holder-thing) while talking with her.  When I sliced into my thumb, I somehow managed to refrain from screaming profanities as I hurled the phone across the kitchen.  

Oh, and we had ice cream, too!


Mandolines make it very easy to efficienly remove flesh from your body, and leave perfectly flat indentations that instantly fill with blood.  They're great.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Happy Easter
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2005, 07:10:05 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Risotto.


Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Frittattas.


Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
It was pretty rad.


But where was the Ketel One?


Communion!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up