Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mitch Hedberg is dead  (Read 2919 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« on: March 31, 2005, 10:12:55 pm »

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1499352/20050331/hedberg_mitch.jhtml?headlines=true

Very sad. Mitch was one of the funniest comedians I ever saw. He was the opening act, but he still managed to be just as funny as Lewis Black and Dave Attel, which is no small feat. I hate it when good people die young.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 10:15:32 pm »

i posted literally the same thread in the history forum.  weird.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 10:17:47 pm »

Yeah, but who the hell reads the history forum?
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 10:23:46 pm »

You mean besides the Mods? I locked the other one, but let the record show Max posted his about 30 minutes ahead of RRC. Also this is probably the right forum although it can't be said that Hedberg isn't history now.

Too bad about Hedberg, he was the shit.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 11:13:56 pm »

The saddest part is that the morning drive show I had on was making fun of this today.

They were all, "Mitch didn't call in to our show today like he was supposed to. Maybe he died last night. Because otherwise he wouldn't blow us off."
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 12:46:25 am »

sure...

but what the fuck happened to the dufrenes?!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 04:14:23 am »

Dammit Mitch, you were supposed to be big, but not for dying young man.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 04:12:15 pm »

I wonder if he ever got that shirt dry-cleaned?

Man, I haven't been this bummed about the death of a total stranger since Phil Hartman was murdered.  I can't help thinking "Poor Phil Hartman!" every time I watch a Futurama with Zap Brannigan in it,
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 04:45:00 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Man, I haven't been this bummed about the death of a total stranger since Phil Hartman was murdered.  I can't help thinking "Poor Phil Hatman!" every time I watch a Futurama with Zap Brannigan in it,

Indeed. At least they stopped using his Simpsons characters. I was really surprised they didn't write Zap out of the show.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 05:41:30 pm »

Yeah, if anything was ever a deterrant to not cheat on your wife, Phil Hartman is a posthumous spokesperson.

I'm glad they "retired" his characters on The Simpsons.  I mean, who else could play Lionel Hutz?

Anyway, I'd never heard of Mitch Hedberg before he died, and having seen clips of his work I'd heard some of those bits before, but not from him - so either he was stealing from others or they all stole from him.  

It's too bad he didn't die the way all comics should die - on stage, having just finished a hilarious bit to a huge round of applause.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 07:55:59 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Va"
Man, I haven't been this bummed about the death of a total stranger since Phil Hartman was murdered.  I can't help thinking "Poor Phil Hatman!" every time I watch a Futurama with Zap Brannigan in it,

Indeed. At least they stopped using his Simpsons characters. I was really surprised they didn't write Zap out of the show.


Well to be fair, Zap was only intended to be voiced by Hartman. he never actually was in any episodes. And I think Billy West did a good job with him.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 09:06:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Anyway, I'd never heard of Mitch Hedberg before he died

Apparently you missed this thread/blog entry.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2005, 11:42:04 pm »

Yeah, I haven't really been reading the blogs and only occasionally will read the blog thread.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mitch Hedberg is dead
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005, 02:00:25 am »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1499352/20050331/hedberg_mitch.jhtml?headlines=true

Very sad. Mitch was one of the funniest comedians I ever saw. He was the opening act, but he still managed to be just as funny as Lewis Black and Dave Attel, which is no small feat. I hate it when good people die young.

I just saw Lewis Black at a book signing tonight and he eulogized Mitch briefly, saying he was one of the very few comics that actually made him laugh.

Then his prom date came out of the audience, mad she wasn't recognized.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up