Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: April Fools! I mean blogs!  (Read 12829 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2005, 07:22:24 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Has anyone else read this thread before reading the day's blogs? Seriously, the disjointed sentences and ridiculously foregone conclusions are hysterical when the knowledge of context is assumed. If you haven't tried this, I can understand it's due to some certain fear of spoilage (which I quite understand) -- but please, please try it once. You'll laugh like I do almost every few days.


Dude, it's the only way to fly!  How would I know that the blogs had been updated unless I read the disjointed sentences and ridiculously foregone conclusions herein?  Consider me a fellow traveller.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2005, 11:37:23 pm »

I, too, read this entire forum before actually reading the blogs.  Hell of awesome.  

Squirting is cool, and love shack, but when i read Bozack's post i thought "B" was for Bozack and "M" was mysterious conversationalist #2.

Thanks for the giggles, all!

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 03:50:19 am »

Quote
Maybe this baby is humanizing him a little bit.


Said the stuffed bear about the actual human.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2005, 01:10:24 pm »

Did Ray firing the pinko gardener for not having drinks with him constitute sexual harassment, given his motivation for cordials being her fine ass?

And can this be proven in a court of law?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2005, 01:19:28 pm »

Actually until he got to her ass I thought she sounded more attractive than his usual conquest.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2005, 01:24:14 pm »

Quote from: "Pat Reynolds"
Earlier this month I was attacked but now I am better. I will not go into the details of the abduction as I have several lawsuits pending.


L-A-M-E spells lame. Lame.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2005, 11:00:08 pm »

When was the last time Ray got any? His last few attempts have ended...poorly.

I can't believe I'm posting on the internet about the sexual conquests of a cartoon cat.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 01:30:14 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Green beans in a Bloody Mary?

Yes, I'm aware that people actually do this, but seriously - I sometimes suspect that Chris / Ray uses that "generally reliable gourmand with obscure ideas" reputation strictly to fuck with us. He knows damn well that there is an entire "I will try any recipe even hinted at in Achewood" subset and they are in for a mega nasty surprise.


There is nothing nasty, mega or otherwise, about Green Beans in a bloody mary.  I didn't even think this was anything particularly obscure.  The crappy bar I used to work at here in Kansas does a St. Patrick's Day breakfast where you get your choice of Bloody Mary garnish.  They have pickles, pickled Green Beans and pickled Asparagus.  And this is a bar where the finest beer we have on tap is Coors Light.  

As a matter of fact, when I went on a pickling rampage early last summer I made several jars of hot pickled green beans and still have one of the jars in my fridge.  I just don't drink many bloody marys at home these days.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 05:33:31 pm »

Ray fires the people that work for him if they will not have sex with them.

Gramma K apparently flaunts all Greek Orthodox convention and tradition since the Schism and is a Holy Roman Catholic.

Showbiz rips off Cub Scouts.

Awesome.
Logged

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 06:50:20 pm »

Yeah, I didn't think there were any Greek Catholics. Certainly not in my (very Greek) neighborhood, there aren't.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 07:50:30 pm »

Quote from: "sensate"
Yeah, I didn't think there were any Greek Catholics. Certainly not in my (very Greek) neighborhood, there aren't.

My general feeling has been that, by and large, 'stad does enough homework on these subjects to get a relatively authentic feel; alternatively, he ensures that his new, crafted meme is in fact original (achewater, fool's meth). But come ON, man. Half the Pope's legacy is his constantly voiced desire to heal the rifts in the Church, chief amongst which would be Eastern Orthodox and Greek Orthodox coming back into the fold, etc.

On the other hand, perhaps Gramma K is an heavily oppressed Greek minority Roman Catholic. It would further explain the lifestyle of guilt and bitterness. (insert witty comment here)

Nothing is quite as sad as having a sudden desire for the first sip of Scotch at 12:49pm while at work. I don't want a whole dram, just the first, effervescent sip. Damnit.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2005, 03:26:26 pm »

Quote from: "sensate"
Yeah, I didn't think there were any Greek Catholics. Certainly not in my (very Greek) neighborhood, there aren't.


Ain't you never seen My Big Fat Greek Movie?

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2005, 05:14:54 pm »

To quote Strangers With Candy, "Greek are just Jews with no money!"
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2005, 05:28:30 am »

agreed - i mistook this guy for jew and he turned out greek but i mean he looked exactly like elliot gould

but to change the subject . . .
Nice Pete's blog chap 16:  
it is eerie the way that a dying animal's eyes seems to accept that it is passing, but not so much from the earth as back to the earth.  accepting its place in the food chain / cycle of life maybe.

Teodore:
i identify.  teodore locks his door at night simply to avoid having a pen broken that he likes.  similarly, i will lock my door at the slightest provocation.  you may proceed to make masturbation jokes, as my housemates do. see location: the bay
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
April Fools! I mean blogs!
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2005, 02:57:19 pm »

Quote from: "Formica"
Quote from: "sensate"
Yeah, I didn't think there were any Greek Catholics. Certainly not in my (very Greek) neighborhood, there aren't.

My general feeling has been that, by and large, 'stad does enough homework on these subjects to get a relatively authentic feel; alternatively, he ensures that his new, crafted meme is in fact original (achewater, fool's meth). But come ON, man. Half the Pope's legacy is his constantly voiced desire to heal the rifts in the Church, chief amongst which would be Eastern Orthodox and Greek Orthodox coming back into the fold, etc.

On the other hand, perhaps Gramma K is an heavily oppressed Greek minority Roman Catholic. It would further explain the lifestyle of guilt and bitterness. (insert witty comment here)

Nothing is quite as sad as having a sudden desire for the first sip of Scotch at 12:49pm while at work. I don't want a whole dram, just the first, effervescent sip. Damnit.


Today's roast beef post effectively backpedals and explains the Catholic Greek thing.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up