Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wow I Done Cooked  (Read 1674 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Wow I Done Cooked
« on: April 01, 2005, 10:56:15 pm »

Last night, I finally decided to put the Achewood Cookbook to use.  Made Ray's Steak and Toasted Nut Orzo.  Steak was good, but I set off the smoke alarm in the process.  The orzo was nice, but next time I'm throwing in some sun-dried tomatoes.  My wife liked both dishes, and Audrey seemed to dig on the orzo as well.

In not-terribly-related news, now when I wear my brown "Todd - Sweet" shirt, Audrey pretends to pluck Todd from the shirt and eat him.  I just hope she doesn't get pretend rabies.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Wow I Done Cooked
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 11:06:10 pm »

That orzo is one of my favorite things ever.  I don't make it with orzo anymore though - I like to use something like tiny shells or tiny bows, that have places to catch the toppings.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Wow I Done Cooked
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 04:16:36 pm »

The next time you delve into the Achewood Cookbook, do yourself a favor and make Ruude Chicken.  I promise you will not be disappointed.  I've made it 4 times so far, and it is amazingly good, even if you don't try hard enough to find a happy chicken (is it okay to ask if they tried hard enough?).  I've made it plain, with rosemary (which flavor was craazy subtle) and with a few crushed garlic cloves (which flavor was surprisingly strong).  I'm going to try some kind of citrus next time I make it.  Maybe orange.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up