Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Poll

Should Trouble Man and No-No return?

Yes.
- 3 (13.6%)
No.
- 2 (9.1%)
Maybe just for a cameo...
- 16 (72.7%)
Yes, and they should kill Paul.
- 1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: April 05, 2005, 02:10:11 am


Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Free them from their one-dimension...  (Read 3419 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TravisTravis

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« on: April 05, 2005, 02:10:11 am »

Dear Achewood readers, Message Boarders, and Onstad,

As a first time messager here on the boards, I'd like to make a statement, request, and plea.  Yeah, all in one.  I live in Maine and am not all that smart.  Ready?

I loved the mysterious "ghastly" characters that were Trouble Man and No-No.  As short-lived as they were, I'd love to see some depth added here, if only just to make them reappear.  Why didn't they die in the fire?  Who appointed them comissioners of the murder act?  Be they angels?

Does anyone share any of the same longing questions as mine here?

These guys were too cool to only show up in one arc.

Help a brotha out..
Logged
~~  I totally agree with you.  ~~

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 03:40:54 am »

Welcome, don't be a stranger.

Trouble Man and No-No always reminded me of Vandemar and Croup from Neverwhere, only less sinister and more whimsical.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 04:17:23 am »

I get the feeling that Trouble Man and No-No live in Nice Pete's head.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 04:56:10 am »

How can there be any room left with Eustace K. Dobbs, the boy, and the boy's papa? I'm thinking Trouble Man and No-No are the Devil's Little Arsonists(TM) and set the fire in Heaven, in which all souls did burn.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 05:26:11 am »

Man, what would they possibly do?

Also, welcome. Wander around; get comfortable.
Logged

Franz.

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 01:25:54 pm »

Off topic: as I come from the Pine Stree State to the north, I feel compelled to welcome my kinsman.

Hooray for Achewoodians in Vacationland, where life is as it should be!

Yours in Maineliness,

[ Franz. ]
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 01:33:16 pm »

Is this not veering toward Achewood fan fiction?
Which is a step away from Achewood slash fiction.
See signature.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 06:13:06 pm »

Quote from: "Franz."
Off topic: as I come from the Pine Stree State to the north, I feel compelled to welcome my kinsman.

Hooray for Achewoodians in Vacationland, where life is as it should be!

Yours in Maineliness,

[ Franz. ]

Dang, how many Achewoodians are there in Maine? It looks like I'll be moving up to Portland in a couple months. There might soon be enough of us to send a proper delegation to an Achewoodcon should such a travesty ever occur.

Edit: Trouble Man and No-No are cool, but I fear there would be jumping of sharks if we saw too much of them. Who wants to read Trouble Man and No-No's blogs?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 07:42:26 pm »

Quote from: "TravisTravis"
Dear Achewood readers, Message Boarders, and Onstad,

As a first time messager here on the boards, I'd like to make a statement, request, and plea.  Yeah, all in one.  I live in Maine and am not all that smart.  Ready?

I loved the mysterious "ghastly" characters that were Trouble Man and No-No.  As short-lived as they were, I'd love to see some depth added here, if only just to make them reappear.  Why didn't they die in the fire?  Who appointed them comissioners of the murder act?  Be they angels?

Does anyone share any of the same longing questions as mine here?

These guys were too cool to only show up in one arc.

Help a brotha out..



Only if you do the GOTHIC DANCE.
Logged

pierced lemur

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 02:14:37 pm »

Yay Maine.

etc.
Logged
Many ladies wake to but single rose and and click of the closink door.

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 03:28:05 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I get the feeling that Trouble Man and No-No live in Nice Pete's head.


They should pop into the blog novel and give a wave.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 04:56:17 pm »

Where is the snarky fourth choice in the poll?  I demand a snarky fourth choice.  It's too... Sincere.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 06:20:44 pm »

Howzzat?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 06:45:04 pm »

I think i'm gonna sit this poll out.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Free them from their one-dimension...
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 06:46:10 pm »

That's pretty fuckin' snarky. Good going, Aug.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up