Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?  (Read 3840 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« on: August 19, 2003, 03:55:58 am »

that is all, I guess.  

I mean, I like Lileks, and I like Achewood, but they're two great tastes that don't taste great together.

You know, like milk chocolate and hot dogs.

(EDITED TO FIX MY EGREGIOUS TOO / TWO TYPO)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 04:00:16 am »

I think because many of us found Achewood through Lileks.  

I would say it's more like courses in a great meal.  While I would not want my hot dogs covered in chocolate, I do appreciate a couple of chili dogs followed by a fudgesicle for dessert.

Also -- to/too/two.  They each mean something different.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 04:04:17 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Also -- to/too/two.  They each mean something different.


Oh my god.  I'm this close to gouging out my own fuck*ng eyes and then filling the sockets with li'l smokies and hershey's syrup.

I'm a writer.  It's what I do, when I'm not being a librarian.  For the love of jesus.  I can't believe I did that.  I hate motherfuckers who do that.  

OH GOD I HAVE BECOME THE VERY THING THAT I HATE MOST
Logged

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 04:06:04 am »

Oh yeah:

I didn't know that many people found achewood through lileks.

But that's still kind of silly, to have a forum about it.  I mean, I don't read it very often, but doesn't mr. lileks have his own fora?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 04:08:44 am »

Sorry to be the grammar cop.  I've been there, dude.  I feel your pain.

I'm not aware of any other dedicated Lileks related fora.  He gets discussed fairly regularly in the SDMB and once in a while on FARK.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 04:24:09 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Sorry to be the grammar cop.  I've been there, dude.  I feel your pain.


Ain't no thing but a chicken's wing.  It'll assuredly happen again at some point in the not-two-distant future.  D'OH

Quote
I'm not aware of any other dedicated Lileks related fora.  He gets discussed fairly regularly in the SDMB and once in a while on FARK.


Oh.  Well.  Okay then.  Carry on.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 04:38:58 am »

I'll do just that.  First thing, I think I'll go misuse some apostrophe's.  

Then, I'm gonna boil me up some Li'l Smokie's in Milwaukee's Bes't and dip 'em in Hershey's S'yrup.  Man, that is some kinda tasty!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 06:02:57 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I'll do just that.  First thing, I think I'll go misuse some apostrophe's.  

Then, I'm gonna boil me up some Li'l Smokie's in Milwaukee's Bes't and dip 'em in Hershey's S'yrup.  Man, that is some kinda tasty!

Wow, extra credit for particularly spectacular apostrophe abuse. I especially like "s'yrup," which is so awful that it's really impressive.

That said, I've always lumped the Lileks forum in with the other not-Achewood-topicked fora on the board. Obviously we aren't going to talk about Achewood all the time, and the first Lileksian (Lileksoid?) thread broke out early in the board's history, so it's a natural development.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 09:37:00 am »

I don't get the need for a Lilicks forum either, and it's not like it's visited that often.

I mean, half of the threads in here are debating on whether or not there should be a Lilacs forum.

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

I think the Liblechs forum makes this message board severely less awesome.

But jld wanted it.  And now she doesn't post here.

So this is like the little forum that couldn't.

It's dying.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2003, 01:25:29 pm »

Keef's last post has gone apeshit and trashed a Texas barbeque pit before settling into a thread of its own:

http://achewood.plagiarist.com/viewtopic.php?t=184

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2003, 05:23:16 pm »

Hey, we get a little traffic up in this piece...anyway, Lileks was down for a week rigth after we launched this forum, so that kind of put a damper on new discussion.  

If there are any other sites that Achewood readers seem to like En Masse, I'm all for adding new forums...but nobody's suggested any so this is what we've got.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Steve Hogan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
    • http://www.steve-hogan.com/
uh... why is there a lileks forum on the achewood board?
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 02:08:25 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Hey, we get a little traffic up in this piece...anyway, Lileks was down for a week rigth after we launched this forum, so that kind of put a damper on new discussion.  

If there are any other sites that Achewood readers seem to like En Masse, I'm all for adding new forums...but nobody's suggested any so this is what we've got.


How about Danni's Hot Box?

I like the idea of a Lileks forum.  I'm always curious what people make of his weird bag of goodies.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up