Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)  (Read 8848 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2005, 05:11:57 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
I'm worried though: is Achewood going to become a strip that is constantly about a baby?

If the strips continue to be this funny who cares.  So far his 2 post baby 'baby strips' have been the funniest of the lot.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2005, 05:22:16 pm »

This makes me want to cry.  Why do I read a comic strip that makes me want to cry?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2005, 05:37:56 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
I'm worried though: is Achewood going to become a strip that is constantly about a baby?

If the strips continue to be this funny who cares.  So far his 2 post baby 'baby strips' have been the funniest of the lot.

~Paul


I was making a lame-ass alt text callback.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2005, 06:42:55 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
I'm worried though: is Achewood going to become a strip that is constantly about a baby?

If the strips continue to be this funny who cares.  So far his 2 post baby 'baby strips' have been the funniest of the lot.

I was making a lame-ass alt text callback.

I know I just wanted to add that the strips about a baby have been very funny in my humble regard.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2005, 06:44:43 pm »

It's been moving this way for some time, but I think today I can officially announce the TOUAMB is primary and the comic strip is secondary. Yay Us!

Boo to Onstad for making a fictional five year old alive stuffed sentient animal cry! Yay Onstad for making funny-ass cartoons 98% of the time!

I wonder how those of us with kids react differently to this strip to those of us without?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2005, 08:56:50 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

I wonder how those of us with kids react differently to this strip to those of us without?


Those of you with kids must have been much more aware that babies fart.  It had kind of never occurred to me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2005, 09:47:11 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I wonder how those of us with kids react differently to this strip to those of us without?

Those of you with kids much have been much more aware that babies fart.  It had kind of never occurred to me.

Now that I think about it I remember hearing from countless sitcoms that babies don't smile, they just have gas. But it hadn't really occurred to me that they were actually getting their fart on.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2005, 10:24:59 pm »

The new little one has been smiling a lot for about a week now, and since we can make her respond with a smile, I'm pretty sure it's not gas. She's coming along nicely.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
I am not even high when I'm posting this!
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2005, 11:05:02 pm »

It's funny.  I don't have any baby cousin or anything, but there's always one close by.   If you don't have one yourself or aren't related to one, there's still a baby lurking.  I had to think about it but my next door neighbors just had a baby and I got to meet her for the first time the other night.  I don't usually live there ao I haven't been around, but dad brought her out around ten p.m. and showed her off.  Quite the smiler,  not much gas.  

Point:  7 degrees of seperation between you and everybody, one or two from a baby.  Baaaaaaaaaabiiiieeeeeeeees!

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2005, 11:24:48 pm »

A family with twins just moved in next door. There is at least one baby crying within my hearing range at all times now.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2005, 11:44:18 pm »

Here's the baby i've had the most contact with lately.  His name is Jayden.


So babies have gas, huh, that's interesting.  I always thought they just smelled because they constantly shit themselves.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2005, 03:37:46 am »

Maybe they just smile because they get to constantly shit themselves.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2005, 03:40:00 am »

I know that's why I smile.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2005, 04:27:40 am »

Did the woman holding Jayden request the black strip, Paul?

Babies, I think, can do just about all the gross bodily function stuff adults do:  barf, shit, urinate, fart and even burp I think.

I think it's OK to be mean to Philippe as long as it is funny, and I thought this was funny.

I also think this may be Liebot in disguise.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
4/6/05: Fart 4, 8:10 PM (My goodness!)
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2005, 04:37:51 am »

That's just hiding the black eye when Paul had to "tell her" something.

Also, Paul, can you read the new board from home?  Do we have you back in your leisure time?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up