Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: this is a thread for the victims of bigotry  (Read 8627 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

THA SUGAH RAIN HAS COME

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« on: April 08, 2005, 02:14:42 am »

tahm for us to band together
Logged
I'm so idiotic *dork dork dork*

I'm the chester a. armpit of achewood; others are luxuriating in my spoiled shorts :(

THA SUGAH RAIN HAS COME

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 02:19:01 am »

great boarding is not a crahm
Logged
I'm so idiotic *dork dork dork*

I'm the chester a. armpit of achewood; others are luxuriating in my spoiled shorts :(

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 02:28:25 am »

Hey jackhole, you want a free clue?

You claim to have been ejected from another forum, then you came here and utilized what you also claim to be the same ...persona. Is it any wonder you already feel unwelcome?

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog. PM Jough (the über-moderator), delete your membership, and start over with a new name and -this is important- a new, normal personality. We won't know it's still you! Although, you may want to take a breather so we forget that you have this option.

Then, maybe, we might take to you. If we don't, you'll know it's not because of your "style."
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

THA SUGAH RAIN HAS COME

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 02:45:32 am »

ah will not change the way ah am

ah cannot

ain't a crahm t'be soulful

ah have faced down hostahl boards before

ah was ejected from mah last board bah a rogue faction that took it over
Logged
I'm so idiotic *dork dork dork*

I'm the chester a. armpit of achewood; others are luxuriating in my spoiled shorts :(

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 03:03:40 am »

Pat! Don't wear a cape!

Have some dignity.

Seriously, consider this an official warning.  You've been repeatedly told your behavior is annoying.  You are on thin ice here.  The only reason you're still around is that you do seem to have a genuine interest in Achewood.  We have banned obnoxious fucks before.  If it feeds your juvenile martyr complex to troll boards until they ban you, so be it.  This is your one official warning.

Also, I am from the south.  Several other board members (whom I respect) are as well.  I have lots of friends and family that talk sort of like the accent your are so affectedly trying to imitate.  You are offending me.  Maybe you should put on blackface and type like Amos and Andy talk.  Or maybe you should just type "Ching Chong Wing Wong" because those Asians talk funny too.  

Or maybe you should just grow the fuck up, drop the silly-ass affectations and say what you want to say like a decent human being.

Or else.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 04:46:24 am »

Victim of Bigotry?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 05:32:33 am »

Yeah. See, he's a victim of bigotry and oppression because people are telling him that his incredibly stupid and annoying fake "accent" filter is incredibly stupid and annoying. JUST LIKE THE SLAVES, MAN. Or the Jews during the Nazicaust! You don't want to be a slave-owning Nazi, do you?

At this point Internet protocol demands that he either threaten to LEAVE FOREVER/FO'EVAH, or threaten an Internet slander lawsuit, or both.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 06:08:04 am »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
At this point Internet protocol demands that he either threaten to LEAVE FOREVER/FO'EVAH, or threaten an Internet slander lawsuit, or both.


Woah!  You can sue the internet?  Kick ASS!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 06:08:11 am »

Letting this ride for now, but if things escalate I may develop another sudden case of the Onstad Vapors and lock this. So... y'know... post with that in mind.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 06:29:04 am »

I get up around 11AM EST.

Then I take a nice long piss, turn on my PC, brush my teeth, wash my face, and start picking up my e-mail while I make my bed.  Then I sit down at the computer and open my "Daily" folder in tabs, read Achewood, read this board, check the news, etc.

If, when I go through my morning ritual tomorrow, I see one more post in this annoying drawl, I will delete this person and every post they've ever made on these boards.   Then I'll ban all relevant IPs and e-mail addresses.  Then I'll make some coffee and enjoy a croissant, secure in the fact that this idiot never actually existed, and instead was just a fever dream.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 07:09:01 am »

God damn it, Jough. Every time I feel comfortable hating you, you make me love you again.

I was going to advise this idiot to save the ridiculous fuck*ng gimmicky persona and the embarrassingly hipster signature for his / her MySpace profile. Because, really, it reads like HELLO, I'M NINETEEN YEARS OLD AND JUST READ A SECONDARY SOURCE ON "CULTURE JAMMING", only even the basest of fuck*ng amateurs would be able to stick to a fuck*ng script. Instead, we've got this waterheaded child burbling on about "web-boarding" (nothing screams "poseur" like a too-clever critique of your own fuck*ng medium) and "*rock rock rock*" - and nothing, but nothing, says "I am an empty, superficial squirt of hipster grasping" than the heavy use and abuse of the word "rock", which really ought to be put out of its fuck*ng misery at this point.

The hipster in question has probably spent a great deal of time convincing his / herself and anyone within earshot that Andrew W.K. and The Darkness are genuinely moving, sincere, and integral parts of any musical life.

Move on, you stupid little dipshit. Just move the fuck on. There are probably twenty-five thousand people with intentionally mismatched socks and A-cups who will find your oh-so-edgy social experiments to be HIGHLY SEXXXY and CAN I GET TO KNOW U BETTER PLZ
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 07:11:46 am »

Before anything bad happens, can I at least find out who Chester J Lampwick is?

OK, Itchy and Scratchy, got it, proceed with whatever is going to happen. (and file the reference under more pretentious pseudo-hipster posing)
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 01:26:24 pm »

i think, to a certain extent, everyone has a level of affectation to their personality.  For instance, George Will is a Cubs fan.

I think that over time, the level of affectation changes for each individual.  i would conjecture, that on _average_ for _most_ people, that level DECREASES with age.  i would believe that there are counter examples to this (Carrot Top).

To some extent, i think that, perhaps, over time, the affectation may grow tiresome, and thus the individual "drops" it, or it becomes integrated into their personality and is no longer affected but natural.

I think that affectations help define individuals, to a certain extent.  I think that in a text based communications medium, affectations are, actually, rather helpful in defining personality.

in a totally different thread/context a while a go, i explained that my "style" of text based communications follows my speaking patterns as opposed to a "writing style", blah blah blah.

as such, i present affectations at various times to subtly (ok, maybe [ok surely] it doesn't work, but i _try_ at subtly [ edit- the super password is "subtlety"] ) attempt to communicate a level of my personality to the other people i am attempting to communicate with.  why?  because i believe that in order to effectively communicate it is helpful to grasp the context of the others communicating with you.

that being said, there are several flaws with what i do.  foremost, is that i subjectively choose (albeit mostly subconsciously) what affectations to use to point out my own subjective opinion of what makes up my personality.  for instance, maybe i try to communicate that i am "whacky" when in fact i am _not_ "whacky".  that's an inherent problem, but, oh well.

So,

to get to the point.

i post things on the internet, and i post them poorly.  to compensate for that, i say that i more "transcribe" my speech rather than "write".  (which, apparently, means that not only am i a bad writer, but a poor speaker as well...).

i also have, at certain times, a slight southern accent.  i also, currently, reside in a Southern Culture Zone.

so, at times, i "affect" a slight "southern accent" in my writing/speech to show some level of personall personality to particular posts.

that being said, recent events have caused me to rethink this strategy, because:

APPARENTLY IT'S A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT MORE fuck*ng ANNOYING THAN I REALIZED AND APOLOGIES TO ALL THROUGHOUT HISTORY THAT I HAVE ANNOYED THROUGH SUCH AFFECTATION.

oh, and if i do it again, someone please remind me how annoying it is.  tia.


(ps, let's work on all the other annoying things i do after we get this one handled, thanks.)


edited-
i kant spll
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 01:49:08 pm »

May I still occasionally lapse into Welsh? Yt's wyckyd fyn!
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
this is a thread for the victims of bigotry
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 02:33:57 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I get up around 11AM EST.

Then I take a nice long piss, turn on my PC, brush my teeth, wash my face, and start picking up my e-mail while I make my bed.  Then I sit down at the computer and open my "Daily" folder in tabs, read Achewood, read this board, check the news, etc.

If, when I go through my morning ritual tomorrow, I see one more post in this annoying drawl, I will delete this person and every post they've ever made on these boards.   Then I'll ban all relevant IPs and e-mail addresses.  Then I'll make some coffee and enjoy a croissant, secure in the fact that this idiot never actually existed, and instead was just a fever dream.



Sir, I will gladly partake in that croissant with you.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up