Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood-lingus  (Read 5814 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2005, 09:34:15 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Not the Mayor!  NOT THE MAYOR!


i wish the internet had a standarized points distribution system such that points could be awarded (or in recent "other threadedness" dee dacht ahd) for posts / to posters that make me smile and or otherwise make my day, life, world i live in a much better place.

given there is none (and if someone is saying "paypal" well, "la la la i can't hear you"), Mr. Carlos "The Mayor" Delvaca, i am awarding you 10 "arkabee points".

don't squander them needlessly.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2005, 09:41:42 pm »

I am only conscious of using phrases from Achewood when talking with my friend who also loves it.  But I'm sure I do it more often.

Edit:  I assume this because I used to be, and still am a little bit, very influenced by Wayne's World in my everday talking.  It's probably because I have seen it more than any other movie.  I wasn't aware of it for quite some time.

Am I the only one who immediately thought of the word "cunnilingus" when I saw the title of the thread?  I had no idea where it would go, but, honestly, I was a bit disappointed.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2005, 09:44:08 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Am I the only one who immediately thought of the word "cunnilingus" when I saw the title of the thread?  I had no idea where it would go, but, honestly, I was a bit disappointed.

Me too, but after the Fleshlight thread I don't need to talk about that second possible meaning of Achewood-lingus.

Back on topic: "basically like treasure" is basically... oh, you know.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2005, 12:55:05 am »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Not the Mayor!  NOT THE MAYOR!


i wish the internet had a standarized points distribution system such that points could be awarded (or in recent "other threadedness" dee dacht ahd) for posts / to posters that make me smile and or otherwise make my day, life, world i live in a much better place.

given there is none (and if someone is saying "paypal" well, "la la la i can't hear you"), Mr. Carlos "The Mayor" Delvaca, i am awarding you 10 "arkabee points".

don't squander them needlessly.


You should read Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow.  He comes up with a whole economy driven by something like this, which he calls "Whuffie".  Whuffie is like brownie points awarded by the general public.  If someone earns your respect you award them some whuffie points.  Higher whuffie = higher buying power.

You can download the book for free (which earned Cory Doctorow a great deal of whuffie, at least from me) here.  It's a good read.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2005, 02:52:24 am »

How many Arkabee Points and/or Whuffie do I need to get a free CD?  I really want the new Doves album.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2005, 02:53:45 am »

I'd like a system where you can not only reward people points, but charge people points for off-pissing you. (Never end a sentence with a preposition.) This jackass/douchebag I work with would owe me like 50,000 points so far.

As it is, if I billed him for all the time I spent on his problems, he'd owe me somewhere around six grand.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2005, 02:57:01 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I'd like a system where you can not only reward people points, but charge people points for off-pissing you. (Never end a sentence with a preposition.) This jackass/douchebag I work with would owe me like 50,000 points so far.

As it is, if I billed him for all the time I spent on his problems, he'd owe me somewhere around six grand.

I used to be happy at work, but now i've got a boss that has turned me into that guy from Office Space that wants to burn the building down.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2005, 03:38:52 am »

Compared to that film, I'm Michael Bolton (sad, but true) and the douche is Milton: always complaining about bullshit, chewing and breathing so loudly I need white-noise headphones, asking for help every twenty goddamned minutes... why, no, I'm not bitter. Why do you ask?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2005, 05:53:57 am »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
How many Arkabee Points and/or Whuffie do I need to get a free CD?  I really want the new Doves album.


I don't know how many points you have, but PM me with your address and I'll burn a copy of it for you.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2005, 05:40:44 pm »

For no particular reason, sometimes hubby Bill or I will bust out with "The Dude Owns Property!" and the other will respond "He Gets With Ladies But In The End They Do Not Like Him!"

Sometime when he asks me how I am I will tell him I'm pretty good now that I'm 239,000 miles from the Cure.

Also, Bill shoots his gun an Java be dancin'.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2005, 07:23:16 pm »

I "BOO TO THAT" a lot. Until this thread, I'd completely forgotten that I stole that from Achewood. I'd probably use more if I had real-world friends that read Achewood and would get it.

Remove the last seven words from that paragraph and it retains most of its validity.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2005, 07:30:55 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
hubby Bill

What If™...
Jean Teasdale Had Been An Anarchist?
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2005, 07:37:44 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
What If™...
Jean Teasdale Had Been An Anarchist?


:cry:
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2005, 07:57:35 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I "BOO TO THAT" a lot. Until this thread, I'd completely forgotten that I stole that from Achewood.

Ditto.

I also say stuff like, "traffic be all is this fast enough is this fast enough and I'm all NO."

"Seven kinky" has gotten me some weird looks.

And I still use "fuck city bangin'" from that other message board.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Achewood-lingus
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2005, 08:54:57 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I "BOO TO THAT" a lot. Until this thread, I'd completely forgotten that I stole that from Achewood.


Now, I said "Boo to that," long before the existance of Achewood.  I con't at all claim responsibility for it's proliferation.  It was a very popular term used by one of my most interesting theatre school chums, and it spread like wildfire at the Uni and due to my over use even jumped from my theatre school social group to my other non-theatre school friends.  I actually never considered this an Achewood term.

BTW did we ever figure out the Twain connection the "momentary distraction..." line?  I searched the web for quite a while, but found nothing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up