Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What, Asshole? - 12/04/05  (Read 4373 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« on: April 12, 2005, 09:04:44 am »

Wow, Ray really is quite dumb.
Note Lyle fixin' that machine and the eyebrows, oh lord, THE EYEBROWS!
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 12:23:36 pm »

All you need is a WRENCH and a PAPER SHREDDER to make SWEET JOINTS.  I think I am taking a trip to Office Depot today.  Thanks Onstad!

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 12:47:07 pm »

Or watch The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.
Bill Murray makes hella jays!
Also, fine, fine stoned acting!
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 01:51:08 pm »

The best part is when Ray starts to respond to Lyle's "toilet cams" question before really letting it sink in.

Toilet cams?  What the hell is wrong with you, Lyle?  Why would you even THINK of that?

I do not think I will be buying a signed and framed copy of this strip.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 02:26:42 pm »

I just love the synthesis here of Lyle's puerile cunning -- his intrinsic knowledge of toilet-related prankery, as it were -- and Ray's serene cluelessness about it. Also, the alt text totally wins at everything. Ray really did get a bad start, didn't he?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 04:29:09 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, the alt text totally wins at everything. Ray really did get a bad start, didn't he?

Ray, master of the affectation.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 04:30:37 pm »

Alternative title:
"I Got Technique."
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

foolio

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 07:04:00 pm »

Quote from: "Beatrice"
All you need is a WRENCH and a PAPER SHREDDER to make SWEET JOINTS.  I think I am taking a trip to Office Depot today.  Thanks Onstad!


It's a paper folder, not a shredder. Lyle is cocking it up to roll joints.

original strip
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 04:28:49 am »

I like how Lyle cranks the same nut for the whole strip.
Logged
I am older now.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 05:50:22 am »

this is classic sarcastic Lyle, right here

and the alt text is either hilarious or decidedly lacking, I can't figure out which
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 08:04:11 am »

what does he mean "D" in typing?
i get the aftermarket tailpipe --> or as lil nephew calls them "rice mobiles"

does a "D" in typing mean like the bad kid in school or the kid who's better at typing than Lyle because the kid is able to get a "D" in the class?

a D in typing means Japan Man is the bad kid in school because people from japan are supposed to be excellent typists, is that it?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 12:45:51 pm »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
and the alt text is either hilarious or decidedly lacking, I can't figure out which

If you're unsure it's obviously the latter, I however disagree.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 01:10:41 pm »

Quote from: "filas"
what does he mean "D" in typing?
i get the aftermarket tailpipe --> or as lil nephew calls them "rice mobiles"

does a "D" in typing mean like the bad kid in school or the kid who's better at typing than Lyle because the kid is able to get a "D" in the class?

a D in typing means Japan Man is the bad kid in school because people from japan are supposed to be excellent typists, is that it?


cuz script kiddies (4|\|7 7YP3.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 02:08:54 pm »

I think Lyle is almost certain that this Japan Man character has a Personal Homepage exactly like this.

When I see the English language in a state like this, that's when I reach for my revolver.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
What, Asshole? - 12/04/05
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 02:42:18 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"

When I see the English language in a state like this, that's when I reach for my revolver.


To shoot out the screen a la Elvis, or to turn the weapon on yourself because after seeing something like that there's no way you'll be able to return to living your life?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up