Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Techno-Tard strikes again  (Read 9066 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 07:50:27 pm »

I've taken to wearing blazers lately, and find the inside pocket great for my PDA and the lower pockets great for sunglasses.  I'm hoping that they are light enough to wear during the summer, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  

If it turns out that Kansas is too warm for blazers during the summer I may have to follow my future father-in-law into man-bag land.
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2005, 07:50:27 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Pedro, I have to ask: are you breaking in a new copy of Mrs. Byrne's or something? What's with those words, then. What.


I lost my sense of humor in a horrible accident involving lighter fluid and a whoopee cushion.  What remains is a hollow shell of funny that I like to call Hubert.  I decided I could try to compensate for this by developing a quirk.  It came down to creating a new account and posting with a bad approximation of a southern accent until I was shouted off the board or summarizing my messages with a one word postscript.  After trying it one way, I have decided to try the other.  Ergo, I will now create said new account and annoy everyone.  Comments are welcome.

Vexatious.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2005, 07:58:18 pm »

For some reason, I had gotten it into my head that this new feature, which (if I remember right) debuted around the same time as your declaration of Internet War on Doomglobe, had something to do with said War - that the words, say, after a time would form an acrostic to be unscrambled impugning Doomglobe's lineage, or something.

The truth is probably better, most notably because my crazy-ass theory is way too much effort to put into Web-Boarding, even at the Professional (~$2 / post) level.

Also: you can pick up to 5 quirks worth 1 point each.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2005, 08:08:32 pm »

Okay, whatever Perdo.

Comcast has been having some mucho DNS problems lately - last night was a new one for me - I could get to TLDs but not subdomains.  For instance, Google.com, no problem.  Gmail.Google.com - no dice.

Plagiarist.com, pas de probleme.  Achewood.Plagiarist.com?  Probleme.

Today it just seems to be all-off or all-on, every few hours.  I think that's an improvement, because at least when it's down now it's DOWN and I don't waste time trying to use the internet at all, rather than being frustrated with partial connectivity.

Still, I can't believe that they're this incompetent.  It feels almost like sabotage.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2005, 08:08:59 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
the one science fiction gadget that i wish existed in real, like, life is Dr. Who's magicalific screwdriver.  i'm not sure i ever saw a Dr. Who episode, but i vaguely remember him having a super screwdrive that did not need bits, or something.  if it could act as a wrench too, all the better.

From what I can tell it was just Dr. Who's version of Deus Ex Machina. Kind of like how "reversing the polarity" fixes everything in sci-fi.

I too am a fan of cargo ##### (or Dockers old mobile #####) but since those aren't useble for work I've switched over to carrying a messenger bag. But I can't fathom having neither pockets nor a belt. Where would I keep my iPod, Leatherman, and pen?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 08:11:07 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Comcast has been having some mucho DNS problems lately - last night was a new one for me - I could get to TLDs but not subdomains.  For instance, Google.com, no problem.  Gmail.Google.com - no dice.

Plagiarist.com, pas de probleme.  Achewood.Plagiarist.com?  Probleme.

Today it just seems to be all-off or all-on, every few hours.  I think that's an improvement, because at least when it's down now it's DOWN and I don't waste time trying to use the internet at all, rather than being frustrated with partial connectivity.

Still, I can't believe that they're this incompetent.  It feels almost like sabotage.

It took me 3 tries to get to comcast.net last night. Any overseas site was totally unreachable. I could usually find a sub-domain but it took another 3 tries. Once the DNS was located the site worked normally.

And if you think they aren't that incompetent you clearly haven't seen my TV reception. I long for DirecTV.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2005, 08:34:59 pm »

Ladies, if the ##### don't have pockets, DON'T BUY THEM.  Then they'll eventually stop making them.  Unite against the Designer Man! You have nothing to lose but your keys!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2005, 09:52:53 pm »

why is doomglobe bad, again?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2005, 02:27:39 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Ladies, if the ****** don't have pockets, DON'T BUY THEM.  Then they'll eventually stop making them.  Unite against the Designer Man! You have nothing to lose but your keys!


I wish it were so, Wombat!  I'm afraid you are out numbered.  Unfortunately, most of the ladies I see aren't the combination of beauty and practicality that you and JL are.  Not as secure in their physical charms, they obsess over them in a way that is both unhealthy and precludes belt-loop-clips.  Stupid ladies and their pagents with their bathing suits and hot hot hip swinging walks...  Stupid men.

As for Doomglobe, he is a plague upon humanity.  A boil on the buttocks of all that is good.  His name evokes weeping among children age 3 to 6.  He hates aMERca and promotes TERR.  Doomglobe stole Christmas, burned effigies of Michael Jordan, and has often sided with Yosemite Sam.  Doomglobe is evil and thus is my net-nemesis.

So in review: Dooglobe: bad, Wombat: awesome.

Dichotomy.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2005, 07:44:32 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Where would I keep my iPod, Leatherman, and pen?


Have to say, I am so ordering my Leatherman aand adapter thingy this week. Too many times do I have to go into the workshop to grab a stanley knife, and all the screwdrivers and pliers are round in the signage guys unit...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 07:52:19 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Where would I keep my iPod, Leatherman, and pen?

Have to say, I am so ordering my Leatherman aand adapter thingy this week. Too many times do I have to go into the workshop to grab a stanley knife, and all the screwdrivers and pliers are round in the signage guys unit...

I just have the little (8") Leatherman SideClip. It's great since I don't need one of those nylon cases and can just hook it to my pocket. But it lacks some of the tools that the 10" versions have.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 08:35:54 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

I just have the little (8") Leatherman SideClip. It's great since I don't need one of those nylon cases and can just hook it to my pocket. But it lacks some of the tools that the 10" versions have.


Yea, it was the 8 inch I think that my mate has, and I figured that would be ideal for me. All I need most of the time is a philips and a flathead which are both on it, but just sometimes, like if it comes to building my desk, I'll need the basic ratchet heads.
It is too often I have to grab a knife or a screwdriver. Such is the life of a geek.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2005, 08:55:57 pm »

So AlohaDawg, what's going on with the phone?  Have you made a decision yet?

______________
Redundant.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2005, 01:08:54 am »

This thread is a thing of beauty.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Techno-Tard strikes again
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2005, 10:00:32 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
So AlohaDawg, what's going on with the phone?  Have you made a decision yet?

______________
Redundant.


The phone issue became precluded by the Dell Tech Support guy not installing any device drivers on this new harddrive, and Dell not shipping two of the CDs with the system (like, the one with the drivers).

I use the phone for now, but since I'm home for the next several weeks the person who calls me most need not, so that's sort of a good thing.

I found a number of phones on e-bay that allegedly require only my chip to activate, so I'm looking at those - maybe a blackberry or a Treo so I con't need a PDA, too.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up