Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS  (Read 3507 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
« on: August 19, 2003, 01:19:24 pm »



yes, I took this picture.

no, it is not photoshopped.

yes, i want to be a trucker when I grow up.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 05:51:59 pm »

You've gotta love that misplaced apostrophe.

[cintra wilson] Like one of those depressing singles bars with an embarrassing name in pink neon with an even more embarrassing misplaced apostrophe, like "Whisper's" or something. [/cintra wilson]
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

V-Adore

  • Guest
SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 06:06:36 pm »

See, this is funny and all until some sorority girls on a Spring Break road trip, all liquored up on wine coolers and feeling their free spirits on a long boring stretch of I-80, all flash the guy at once and he runs the truck off the road, all blinded and dazed with an overdose of hooter(')s. Or he manages to get his truck safely into Council Bluffs before taking out the handgun in his glovebox and blowing himself away, because he knows that it will never be that good again.

Then... well, okay, it's still kind of funny. But different.
Logged

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 07:31:45 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
You've gotta love that misplaced apostrophe.


heh.

Yeah, that's why i posted it originally-- it was in that forum where we were all talking about proper grammar and punctuation.

I blogged about it right after I saw it.  Here's the whole truck:



As you can see, the right mudflap is empty, providing a horrible asymmetry.  So I came up with some suggestions for possible messages to go on the right mudflap:

PLUS I AM NOT WEARING ANY PANT'S!

I AM ON FOUR DIFFERENT KINDS OF METHAMPHETAMINE'S!

PLEASE NO GIRL'S WITH MASTECTOMY'S!
Logged

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
truckin’
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 08:35:50 pm »

I wonder if he ever gets flashed.

At my job, I talk to truckers all day every day.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 09:11:51 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
If you assume english readers are going to work from left to right the logical progression for the other flap is:

NOW SHOW YOUR ASS

No, it would be NOW SHOW YOU'RE ASS
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2003, 05:27:35 pm »

Maybe it's a request to other truckers to show the Hooter's girls that the other truckers have kidnapped and and drugged and put into the sleepers of their trucks.

My feeling (as an English major and person who is gradually gaining control over his overly pedantic tendencies) is that you could write "Hooters girls" or "Hooter's girls". And I like how, because I wrote this little explanation to forestall any discussion over my original comment, any amusement conveyed therein has been preemptively destroyed.

And, on looking at the picture again, it strikes me that if he was really making this request to the girls on the interstate (as opposed to his fellow truckers), he would have a sticker that said "girls, make my day".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
SHOW ME YOUR HOOTERS
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2003, 07:11:40 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
he would have a sticker that said "girls, make my day".


Possibly, "girls, make my day...", to show that he is continuing as well.
Man why did I have to get involved in this!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up