Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project  (Read 6803 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 06:52:00 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I think we should decide on a name for the project first, though.


I've been referring to this in my head as the AutoJstr.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 08:08:39 pm »

I'm definitely up for tagging, if it means I can slack off of schoolwork and just re-read the entire archives again.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 08:17:21 pm »

Okay, August, Gimpson, and Bozack have been added as group members.  You should all see the new forum down below.

I like AutoJstr, but it's a bit of an in-joke, no?  I'm thinking that this may be useful for fans of Achewood that do not stop here.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 08:23:08 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Okay, August, Gimpson, and Bozack have been added as group members.  You should all see the new forum down below.


I don't see it.  Where should I expect to see this forum?

Quote from: "jough"
I like AutoJstr, but it's a bit of an in-joke, no?  I'm thinking that this may be useful for fans of Achewood that do not stop here.


I thought that might be the case.  Back to the drawing board.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 08:36:14 pm »

Yeah, "AutoJstr" is a little too inside-jokey. But I like TAG pretty well, so it'll get my vote.

Also, count me in. I'm no programmer, but I can sure as heck throw tags on data.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2005, 08:41:35 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yeah, "AutoJstr" is a little too inside-jokey. But I like TAG pretty well, so it'll get my vote.

Also, count me in. I'm no programmer, but I can sure as heck throw tags on data.

Dammit, that was my one chance for a claim to fame. I was hoping Jough's system would catch on and become huge. Then people would wonder about the Jstr much like they did the Winamp-llama connection.

I'll definitely tag, but the last time I programmed was PASCAL in '97. And my teacher was all about recursion.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2005, 09:03:33 pm »

Well, maybe we can work AutoJstr into the system somewhere.  But I don't know if it would work as a name for our project.

Maybe the system for searching by tag could be called "AutoJstr."  And of course we wouldn't explain it anywhere.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2005, 09:10:47 pm »

And I think I fixed the problem with group members not seeing the new forum.  It should be accessible to everyone pertinent now.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2005, 09:34:12 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'll definitely tag, but the last time I programmed was PASCAL in '97. And my teacher was all about recursion.


Last time for me was in BASIC in about '82.  On either a C-64 or a TRS-80.

Top that.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2005, 09:49:08 pm »

Yeah yeah, okay, you're all equally programming retarded.  We get it.

Anyway, Jeffrey Zeldman, web guru extraordinaire, posted something about Tagging today:

http://zeldman.com/daily/0405d.shtml

It's amazing that just a couple weeks ago I was just becoming aware of the possibilities of tagging and now it seems that it's everywhere.  

I will still consider myself an early adopter in this, though, and still think that even if tagging is trendy now it is still very useful.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2005, 11:06:44 pm »

I would like to be in your secret club as a tagger.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2005, 11:43:29 pm »

Okay, bub, you're in.

But you people who want to tag are expected to provide input during the development stage too, as to how something should work, how it would be easier for you to use, etc.

No freeloaders!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2005, 11:52:55 pm »

Yeah, so I posted in the sticky thread in the other section. I'm a ColdFusion developer/architect by trade, and the pending Adobe buyout of Macromedia has me a little worried. I've been meaning to learn PHP, and this seems like a decent excuse. If you'll have me.

Any chance I can call it a corporate sponsorship and write off the hours I spend? Community service, on-the-job-training, whatever...
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2005, 11:59:02 pm »

Yeah, I'm sure we can work something out so you can get a tax break.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Tagging Achewood - A TOUAMB Open Source Project
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2005, 06:16:39 pm »

I'm willing to be part of the group, though like I said, i am not sure how much time I can put into this at the moment. I am setting up a wiki at work to get us off of Exchange, along with making sites for various people, and keeping the server going. And this week is all soundtracking when I'm not at work so....
I may be able to be of use though. If you need Bug Barbecue breaking out, or if I do have some time to throw at it. I'll leave it to you to decide though anyway.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up