Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs. Second part of April.  (Read 9138 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« on: April 18, 2005, 04:08:19 am »

I guess I'm behind on some of the blogs.  I just noticed Beef's trip to the mall.  What an excellent piece of writing.  I've had those same feelings of despair while out shopping.

Also, I have to admit that I share Mr. Bear's woody for Lauren Graham.  My wife and daughters have exposed me to the Gilmores and dang but that Lorelai is hot.  Then I caught a big chunk of Bad Santa and got to see the skanky version.  Yikes!

OK, I think I've said too much.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 04:23:05 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Also, I have to admit that I share Mr. Bear's woody for Lauren Graham.  My wife and daughters have exposed me to the Gilmores and dang but that Lorelai is hot.  Then I caught a big chunk of Bad Santa and got to see the skanky version.  Yikes!

OK, I think I've said too much.


Do you get to see more skin in the "fuck me santa fuck me santa" scene?

For a while I've read Mr. Bear's lines in the voice of Edward Herrmann, so I'm not at all surprised that Mr. Bear takes to him so well.  I think we've even talked about that on the board, and someone else suggested Stephen Fry.

"After I mourned her, others naturally followed in time, among them a spicy little political doyenne of Thai extraction, and a curvaceous Argentinian who ensnared me in a twisted web of tango and torrid jealousy."

Go Cornelius!
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 10:30:52 pm »

We all knew Ray's date would manage to fail spectacularly but at least she didn't throw up in his mouth. I expected him to get arrested.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 11:16:04 pm »

I misread Chris's blog, and in my head, it sounded like he was claiming that his daughter had said "K-mart" as HER first word. I caught myself marvelling at the obvious genius of that kid right out of the gates.

Upon reflection, it just makes sense that Chris's first word was something like "K-Mart." It just... makes... sense.

Mine: "cookie"
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 12:40:02 am »

My first words were "uh-oh, spaghettio," which is suitably portentious for my entire life. My brother's first word was "McDonalds."
I love Rays dates.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 01:42:10 am »

"no"
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 02:07:58 am »

I was one of those kids who didn't really start talking until I could make full sentences. So sue me.

I'm rather glad that this bad date was at least different from other bad Ray dates. Had there been more alcohol and vague illegality, I would have been unhappy, to say the least.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 02:45:54 pm »

Lizzie del Vaca's first word was "nose."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Silverberg

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 77
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 02:56:45 pm »

Mine was "ball." How lame.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 04:02:46 pm »

I think mine was "duck". That's pretty generic.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 04:52:20 pm »

I wish I knew what my first word was.  I suspect my baby's first word will be "Buffy".
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 05:01:20 pm »

I don't know what my first word was.  It was long long ago and I was very young at the time.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 05:32:56 pm »

My mother tells me that I waited to talk until they were on the verge of getting worried, then looked a baby sitter straight in the eye and said "sit down and shut up" which is what they were always saying to the dog.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 06:40:42 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
My mother tells me that I waited to talk until they were on the verge of getting worried, then looked a baby sitter straight in the eye and said "sit down and shut up" which is what they were always saying to the dog.


Now that's funny.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Blogs. Second part of April.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 01:18:01 am »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up