Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: having a job and hating oneself  (Read 13381 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
having a job and hating oneself
« on: August 19, 2003, 01:50:05 pm »

Quote from: "Ray"
When you get to more like 22-23 in human years you’ll start to settle into kind of a routine with a regular job that requires black shoes, and at 25-26 you’ll start drinking to ignore the self-parody you’ve become, and in the late twenties you’ll open your eyes and really start to hate yourself. You’ll live to about 70 or so, I think that’s the lifespan for humans.


PREACH ON BROTHER RAY

Working is fo' suckas.

... yeah, I guess that makes me a sucka.

Do y'all hate your jobs?
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 01:56:28 pm »

I don't hate it, but I don't exactly look forward to going in to the office every morning, either.  If only I was a cartoon cat with a big house and a fat recording contract courtesy of the devil.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 02:28:53 pm »

Yeah, I don't really hate my job either.  My co-workers are all rad.

I'd just... rather be independently wealthy, that's all.  You know how it is.

I'm still cool on the "self-hate" front, though.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 04:31:21 pm »

I love my job, but my boss is a real tyrant. ;)

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2003, 05:06:54 pm »

I like my job, as jobs go, but I'm looking forward to being unemployed this time next year.  

At this point, I hate having a job, though I'm going to hate leaving this particular job when the time comes.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2003, 10:37:18 pm »

I spend most of my work week contemplating suicide
Logged

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 10:55:52 pm »

Wow.  That's some serious angst.

What do you do?
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2003, 01:24:56 am »

Quote from: "keef"

Do y'all hate your jobs?


Well, grad school doesn't exactly count as a job, even though I usually do spend more than 40 hrs/wk in the lab.  I don't hate it, by any means, but I don't really like some of the people in my lab, and I'm bored with my research project.  Fortunately, I'm less than a year from graduation (*fingers crossed*), and then I get to find a real job to hate...
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2003, 05:22:07 am »

My job ain't so bad. I get six months off a year, and I make more money than I deserve, and the six months I am working everything is paid for in terms of food, shelter, et cetera.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2003, 07:51:03 pm »

Holy crap, Nabu, what do you do for a living exactly?  :)
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2003, 08:25:43 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Holy crap, Nabu, what do you do for a living exactly?  :)


I'd say web design but he does more work than me :P
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2003, 04:58:50 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Holy crap, Nabu, what do you do for a living exactly?  :)

I work as a subcontractor for an oil company in an oil field which is about 800 miles away from my home.

Oil companies tend to pay a lot. Which is cool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 09:37:52 pm »

i don't mind my job other than it takes time that i would otherwise use for things that i would rather be doing.  my job is basically to be the guy that the tech support people ask when they don't know what to tell the users.  i also have what someone else here with a different job than me called "TS magic" where i can make the software do amazingly cool things that it wouldn't do except that i told it to.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2003, 10:16:32 pm »

My job:

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2003, 02:07:06 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I like my job, as jobs go, but I'm looking forward to being unemployed this time next year.


Oh my god, did JL just tell us that she's pregnant?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up