Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: having a job and hating oneself  (Read 13401 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2003, 08:01:45 pm »

Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2003, 10:07:01 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
And all the people from the DC area can come and explain to us why we lost the War of Northern Agression.  

Yeah, I wasn't born in the South, either.

I remember when I went to central VA and heard that term for the first time and I laughed so hard that I nearly lost bladder control.

Also:
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2003, 10:54:56 pm »

Quote from: "he who adds word censors at random"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
State gummit.
Georgia D.O.T. (Transportation, not Technology, unfortunately.)
I'm posting from there right now!!!


Is that why the lines are always so long there?

Bastard.


Good one. Haven't heard that one before. Ouch, you got me. Really.:roll:

You're thinking of the D.M.V. - here in GA, completely and unilaterally unassociated with the D.O.T. Plus, I catch up on the forum during lunch, which I eat at my desk so I can get more work done in my nearly nine-hour day.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2003, 11:45:29 pm »

Choop -

You in charge of making sure they gots enough dirt on the roads down there?

 :twisted:
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2003, 02:44:02 am »

Nah, I build web applications. I'm actually working at home tonight since I've got a deadline coming up next week - some of my Labo(u)r Day weekend will be eaten up by work@home too, but oh, well, I didn't have any pressing plans tonight.

Ahhh, web-surfing breaks. Who thought that up? Instead of sitting at the computer and typing code and reading API docs, you sit at the computer annd type forum posts and read web comics and other forum posts. Not a huge change of pace.


*gets up*
*does a couple laps*
*coughs a bit*
*smokes a Camel*
*sits down*


Man, I should quit running laps around the apartment. It's making me cough.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2003, 03:41:28 am »

Yeah, I often have rather disturbing thought centered around how many hours a day I spend gazing vacantly into a monitor -- both for work and play.  This is what I do for fun?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2003, 12:19:51 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"

I concur, JL is one nice looking dude.

BTW, how come JL is the only dude on this board with enough balls to post a picture?


Here you go:

Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2003, 03:55:16 pm »

Quote from: "revdj"


Here you go:



Nooooo! All I can see now is you sat posting in that suit!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2003, 06:21:07 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I have posted a pic.  

See my avatar?  That's me.


my avatar is also me.  the background is fake though, so nevermind that.  also i truly am void of color except for my red glasses
Logged

misterhaan

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 92
    • View Profile
    • http://www.track7.org/
having a job and hating oneself
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2003, 06:24:27 pm »

oh, and while we're on the topic of work, i have to come up with goals for my one-year performance review (though i've now been here for 14 months) before i leave today.  i am majorly goal-setting impaired, so this is taking me all day, and probably would even without internet breaks.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up