Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous  (Read 7461 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

toddster

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 25
    • View Profile
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« on: April 19, 2005, 08:14:25 am »

Not my first choice for a subject line, but it's hard to translate Beef's facial expression in panel 7 into text.

It is, however, the exact same facial expression I had upon reading the strip. Good heavens.
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 09:21:39 am »

A tour de force!
From Beef's enormous joy at discovering the "future dead person"shirt to the thousand yard stare of panel seven...I'll put down my cognac and pipe to applaud *claps hands together*
Logged

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 11:49:45 am »

That is... that is just disturbing. I can almost hear the crinkling of the bag as little Beef's flailing arms strain the plastic, crying his little eyes out, sweating.

I need a shower.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 01:25:22 pm »

The world needs "What the HELL People" onesies
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 02:15:31 pm »

I hate novelty baby clothes. I feel bad that the kid doesn't have a choice.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 02:22:07 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
I hate novelty baby clothes. I feel bad that the kid doesn't have a choice.


Yes.
But that having been said:

If he sold "Future dead person" onesies I would buy one for my new baby.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 02:47:09 pm »

Haha, I just noticed the extension cord around his neck. Distubing x2.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 02:48:54 pm »

I wish I had never seen this strip.

I also wish I had never seen the new Disney Channel "The Doodlebops."  Do not watch it; do not let your kids watch it.  It will make you respect the Wiggles.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 02:50:26 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"

I also wish I had never seen the new Disney Channel "The Doodlebops."  Do not watch it; do not let your kids watch it.  It will make you respect the Wiggles.

Wow. Just... wow.

Once again, a strip made entirely by the changing facial expressions and the final panel visual. I love Molly's slow change from pride to disgust, too.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 03:30:13 pm »

Molly, do you even have to ask?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 04:06:45 pm »

The "...I AIN'T BUGGIN'", in a pitch-perfect font, with that tacky little bug appliqué, is what I keep going back to.

It is humorous.

Can a line of Charlie Sheen "Private Restaurant" vanity onesies be far behind? New Millennium Thinkers like Faith Popcorn and Edward de Bono say "no".
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005, 04:31:24 pm »

Actually, I would kind of like a future dead person T-shirt. I know you read these things, Onstad. I'd buy one.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Paisley

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 50
    • View Profile
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005, 04:44:19 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Actually, I would kind of like a future dead person T-shirt.


Dorothy Gambrell has something similar.

Just sayin'.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005, 04:44:46 pm »

The last panel is almost physically painful to look at.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
4/19/05 - this stuff is humorous
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 05:04:01 pm »

Quote from: "Paisley"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Actually, I would kind of like a future dead person T-shirt.


Dorothy Gambrell has something similar.

Just sayin'.


Yeah, but I like the direct simplicity of  future dead person, plus the "I'm with stupid" type arrow.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up