Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Another Achewood Article  (Read 2530 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

executioneer

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Another Achewood Article
« on: April 21, 2005, 07:39:26 pm »

What do you guys think of this one?

ps hi
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 07:51:34 pm »

Pretty clear, if occasionally redundant. It would probably be best to note which interviews precisely the quotations were coming from, though -- otherwise it reads sort of weirdly.

Also, hello!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 08:18:13 pm »

Quote from: "executioneer"
What do you guys think of this one?

ps hi


Although his production has understandably slowed somewhat in recent weeks because of the birth of his first child, Onstad still produces an amazing output of Achewood-related material. In addition to writing a new strip every weekday,

I stopped there as it was too fanciful a tale to be told.
Logged

executioneer

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 09:10:57 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "executioneer"
What do you guys think of this one?

ps hi


Although his production has understandably slowed somewhat in recent weeks because of the birth of his first child, Onstad still produces an amazing output of Achewood-related material. In addition to writing a new strip every weekday,

I stopped there as it was too fanciful a tale to be told.


CURSE YOU, NEIL NONAGON
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 09:18:02 pm »

Quote
What do you guys think of this one?


I thought it was good. Hell of a lot better than the Brown article, that's for sure. But then I again I am friends with the author and also I was quoted in it. So I'm 10 kinds of biased here. But I would not allow myself to be quoted in a low quality article, no sir.

Quote
ps hi


Hi, Willie. That's right. I know who you are.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 09:22:04 pm »

This new article deserves it's own thread.  Mod's.....

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 09:29:23 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
This new article deserves it's own thread.  Mod's.....

~Paul

I am to please, as always.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 09:34:32 pm »

Thanks for the forum plug, RRC.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 09:40:59 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Thanks for the forum plug, RRC.


You're welcome. Really though, not sure how I could have slipped one in there.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 10:14:43 pm »

I'm confused, I'm pretty sure a couple of the Onstad quotes were from other interviews so was he actually interviewed for this article or not?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 10:49:43 pm »

No, they just wrote a story about Achewood and then lifted Onstad quotes from other interviews (probably without permission from the publications, although who knows).

They claim Onstad provided the images, but again, it's hard to say.  Is this linked from Achewood.com?

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 11:11:33 pm »

I talked to the author. He emailed Onstad several questions. For some of those questions, Onstad just told him to quote other interviews because that's what he would have said anyways. The author also got permission for the images. Onstad said he would link it, which I imagine will occur tomorrow.

And now you know...the rest of the story.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 02:59:00 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I am to please, as always.


Hmm... What does this mean?  Does it mean that your purpose is to provide pleasure?  Or does it mean that you are to be pleased?  Please clarify.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 03:20:52 am »

I was telling my friend about Achewood, and he said that he seemed to remember reading it in the Stranger, a Seattle alternative weekly.  I thought that he was mistaken.

But maybe not.  Am I the only one that didn't know it is actually syndicated?  Anybody know what papers it is in?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Another Achewood Article
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2005, 04:25:22 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
I am to please, as always.


Hmm... What does this mean?  Does it mean that your purpose is to provide pleasure?  Or does it mean that you are to be pleased?  Please clarify.

Actually, it means that I can't type worth a shit. But I would argue that the two meanings above are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up