Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos  (Read 18131 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Photos
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2005, 07:32:48 pm »

Speaking of pictures, I only just this minute after all these months or years realized why carlos del VACA's avatar is a picture of a cow.  I'm embarrassed even though I am not a linguist anymore, I am a lowly frog keeper.

In other news, I showed the spouse AlohaDawg's picture and said how cool the color of his (AD's) eyes is.  And he (the spouse) said, "They're the same color as yours."  So I guess I am a vain frog keeper.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Photos
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2005, 08:36:36 pm »

Quote from: "linnea"

And, the most recent picture that I have is of me and my friend Mat in Hawaii last week, on Thursday, April 21st for a formal military ball.


You know, it would have been cool to buy you lunch or something, considering that you are, as far as I know, the first and only Achehead to make your way out here (not counting Onstad).

People, drop a line or something. You are too rad to deprive me of your acquaintance!
Logged

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Photos
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2005, 01:28:28 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I can't tell -- what precisely is that instrument you're being passionate about, antioch? An autoharp? A zither?


It's basically an auto-autoharp. I think that is the non-proprietary form. Or maybe an auto-zither? It's sold as the "Music Maker".
Logged
I am older now.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Photos
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2005, 05:20:20 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
In other news, I showed the spouse AlohaDawg's picture and said how cool the color of his (AD's) eyes is.  And he (the spouse) said, "They're the same color as yours."  So I guess I am a vain frog keeper.


I love that you were not aware of this fact until it was pointed out to you.  You are vain, and so vain that you don't even know it.

And yes, the eye color is cool.  And I mean that totally non-sexually.  Really.  Also, AD, I guess I expected you to look more like a bureaucrat and less like The Dude (a compliment).  But hey, it's Hawaii, right?

Good looking bunch of folks, all of you.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Photos
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2005, 09:55:20 pm »

With apologies to CortJstr, may I refer y'all to the old Picture Thread where you can find this photo of me back when I had braids.   I'm seriously considering having them put back in, although I lack the time and the money to have them as long as they were before.  I'm thinking maybe shoulder-length, if at all.  

Also, Topless Mama!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
Photos
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2005, 11:08:11 pm »

So I went to look at the old picture thread, which itself referred to an even OLDER picture thread, which had pictures of Onstad!  Remarkable.

More remarkable:
http://rawdataserver.com/Tony/pics/ChrisSit.jpg
v.
http://www.themountaingoats.net/pics/john_oldstyle.gif

They're like long lost brothers, all sitting with their heads at weird angles and mouths dumbly agape etc.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Photos
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2005, 11:22:14 pm »

I give up -- where is Chris sitting? It looks like the photo was taken in that circle of Hell made up entirely of unfinished, barely-furnished dorm-basement rec rooms. Sweet Christmas.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Photos
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2005, 01:58:34 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Topless Mama!

SCHWING!!!

Lovely child JL, Carlos.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Photos
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2005, 02:38:10 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"

Also, Topless Mama!


What a beautiful picture.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Photos
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2005, 02:41:36 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "wombat"
In other news, I showed the spouse AlohaDawg's picture and said how cool the color of his (AD's) eyes is.  And he (the spouse) said, "They're the same color as yours."  So I guess I am a vain frog keeper.


I love that you were not aware of this fact until it was pointed out to you.  You are vain, and so vain that you don't even know it.

And yes, the eye color is cool.  And I mean that totally non-sexually.  Really.  Also, AD, I guess I expected you to look more like a bureaucrat and less like The Dude (a compliment).  But hey, it's Hawaii, right?

Good looking bunch of folks, all of you.


Miles,  that's definitely a cool compliment. Halloween next year I'm wearing a robe and carrying a bottle of Kahlua and a carton of half and half...I have two weeks left to not look like a bureaucrat before starting a new job which is meant to keep me in Hawaii forever, or at least as long as I choose to be here.

I joined a paddling club, all Hawaii Five-O stylezz so I may post some pix from that next.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Photos
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2005, 10:44:01 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "linnea"

And, the most recent picture that I have is of me and my friend Mat in Hawaii last week, on Thursday, April 21st for a formal military ball.


You know, it would have been cool to buy you lunch or something, considering that you are, as far as I know, the first and only Achehead to make your way out here (not counting Onstad).

People, drop a line or something. You are too rad to deprive me of your acquaintance!


Dammit! I should have looked you up! I completely forgot that you live in the Aloha State. I was in Mililani, which is in BFE as well as being like an hour from any of the beaches. Still, it was fun.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Photos
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2005, 12:02:16 am »

Nothing is far from anything here - next time - I live a short drive from here and this is also where I paddle 6-man outrigger

Like the one behind us

I'm in seat #3
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Photos
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2005, 02:03:56 pm »

I don't actually have any pictures of myself readily available, but here's one of Fifika yawning. Here's another of Eddie drying out.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

V-Adore

  • Guest
Photos
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2005, 02:16:53 pm »

Fifka is an adorable name for an adorable cat.

This is all.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Photos
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2005, 03:25:38 pm »

Is that a kitty trampoline or a kitty hammock?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up