Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photos  (Read 18100 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Photos
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2005, 05:01:45 pm »

In theory, it is a thing for drying wet sweaters after they've been washed by laying them out flat on a mesh surface so they get air all around.

In practice, it is a kitty hammock/device for getting the cat hair back into recently washed sweaters.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Photos
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2005, 06:10:56 pm »

Your cats are adorable.  So are mine.

About 10 years ago I was pretty hot, but now I just look like somebody's mom.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Photos
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2005, 06:43:40 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Your cats are adorable.  So are mine.



Agreed. Also, it is awesome that you named a cat Neko. I was hoping the other two would be Chat and Gato or such like.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Photos
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2005, 07:05:13 pm »

We considered, but ultimately rejected, that pet-naming scheme.  Ed's full name is Radical Edward.  I tried to name Bit Washu, but it just wouldn't stick.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Photos
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2005, 07:12:33 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
We considered, but ultimately rejected, that pet-naming scheme.  Ed's full name is Radical Edward.  I tried to name Bit Washu, but it just wouldn't stick.


Heh. I was pushing for Nuku Nuku for the cat now known as Fifika, but wiser (wifely) heads prevailed.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

V-Adore

  • Guest
Photos
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2005, 01:48:12 am »

Ed is a lovely cat. I must confess a particular fondness for tuxedos, my childhood cat, the majestic and recently-late Puff, was a tuxedo of the first order. So, you know, good associations.

On the subject of weird cat names, well, my parents named the new kitten after Turner Ashby, so I seriously don't have room to talk.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Photos
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2005, 12:53:19 am »

A few things that I noticed while reading this thread.

First of all, kitties rock. Here is a picture of Milan, my blue-and-white folded-ear boy (he and his brother are Scottish Folds -- fuck you, Ray). Here is another picture of Milan and Lennybruce (black-and-white)I will have to get mine one of those kitty hammock things.

PST, where did you get your avatar? The picture of the guy makes me laugh maniacally. He looks a lot like an old professor of mine from college.

And Va, your baby is super-cute. :( It makes me sad that I can't have any kiddos. I have hell of depression and the odds of me going off my medication long enough to have a child are about ten million to one. Well, first I would have to be married and stuff (there are lots of successful single parents out there, but I would not be one of them), and getting all those planets in alignment would take a god damned miracle.  Oh well...I'm sure that my sisters will have children, and I can be their crazy auntie who buys my nieces and nephews lots of books and chemistry sets and stuff. So yeah, kudos on the adorable child.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Photos
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2005, 07:39:50 pm »

Quote from: "linnea"


PST, where did you get your avatar? The picture of the guy makes me laugh maniacally. He looks a lot like an old professor of mine from college.


It's a picture of Barry Humphries in his Sir Les Patterson persona. Humphries is best known for appearing as Dame Edna, but he's created a number of characters over the years.



This is not a picture of Barry Humphries as Sir Les. It is a picture of former Cardinal Ratzinger looking remarkably like Barry Humphries as Sir Les. It makes me giggle.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Me, late
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2005, 02:30:40 pm »

Because I'm editing family pictures today anyway...  here is me in the woods this past weekend, looking all out-of-focus and wearing my three-year-old because she was tired, while my eight-year-old watches her feet and tries not to trip again.  And here is me at the beach a couple weeks ago.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Me, late
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2005, 11:00:10 pm »

Quote from: "beanmom"
Because I'm editing family pictures today anyway...  here is me in the woods this past weekend, looking all out-of-focus and wearing my three-year-old because she was tired, while my eight-year-old watches her feet and tries not to trip again.  And here is me at the beach a couple weeks ago.


Nice Pictures Jen.  Great kids, which one is the bean?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Photos
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2005, 09:28:39 am »

I quote a very old post:

Quote from: "AugustWest"

Dude!  You look a lot like my buddy Dave Gorman.  But he lives in Knoxville, not Hawaii.


To say this:  You know a Dave Gorman!

!!!

Also, this is a picture I took last year in Marin County, just over the Golden Gate bridge.  Looking at my other photos, I'm thinking it's finally time to ditch film.  It's no longer cheaper, and I share everything digitally anyway.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

kansai

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
    • my bookmarks
Photos
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2005, 08:05:26 pm »

My friend Casey and I wearing tiny children's clothes. I'm on the right.
Logged
sincerity is the new irony

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Photos
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2005, 10:55:43 pm »

Quote from: "Lister"

To say this:  You know a Dave Gorman


I totally missed that. I do rather like Dave Gorman, and a good series that was indeed. ANyway, continue...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up