Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Time killers  (Read 8744 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Time killers
« on: August 20, 2003, 07:50:24 pm »

Okay people, I need some suggestions for some time killers. That is, free single player games, preferably downloadable.

I've played through Sherlock like 50 times and I need some time off from EWR 4.0.

Lay some knowledge down on me, people.
Logged

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Time killers
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 08:10:45 pm »

go to games.yahoo.com

My fave is "pileup" these days.  The DynoMite game is fun, too.  There are many others, all downloadable.

Doug
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 08:55:00 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Time killers
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 09:07:26 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
www.snood.com


Tom Murphy 7 and I used to be virtual chat pals!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 09:26:47 pm »

Who's Tom Murphy?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 09:50:16 pm »

Snood's a Bust-A-Move clone, right?

I've already pretty much played out all the Popcap and Gamehouse games, so things like MSN games and Yahoo games don't have much to offer.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 01:09:56 am »

I dunno, what's Bust-a-move?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 02:46:14 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I dunno, what's Bust-a-move?


Dynomite is also a Bust-A-Move clone. Colored balls fill the top of the screen, you shoot balls up and when 3 or more of the same color touch the pop and fall away. Special super balls come up occasionally to give bonuses like a laser sight.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 04:04:01 am »

Oh, OK. Dynomite I've got.  Also Bubble Bobble.  Snood is a little different, and I like it better.  More like a turn based strategy game instead of a RTS.

Perhaps we could be more helpful if you described what sort of games you enjoy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 12:45:06 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Perhaps we could be more helpful if you described what sort of games you enjoy.


Hmm. There's always Nethack (RPG). Mordor (RPG) I liked a lot but it won't run on anything newer than Win95. The previously mentioned Sherlock (logic puzzle).

I know there's lots of fun games out there on like CNet and stuff I just hate downloading like 25 that suck to find the one decent one, you know?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Time killers
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 03:06:45 pm »

Get an emulator and go to www.classicgaming.com for that delicious nostalgic sixteen-bit flavor.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
Time killers
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2003, 06:05:08 pm »

Troubles of Middle-Earth (ToME for short) is basically what happens when you take the Nethack/Rogue/Angband model of gaming, run it through a few levels of distortion, and crank it up to 11. It's a frighteningly evil game but quite possibly the best time-killer out there. A different Angband hub has lots of similar games along the same lines, many of them also very evil.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Time killers
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2003, 07:10:43 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Get an emulator and go to www.classicgaming.com for that delicious nostalgic sixteen-bit flavor.



if you get a neo geo emulator, you can pick up a rom for this great fighting game called "time killers"
Logged
[expletive deleted]

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
games
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2003, 07:47:37 pm »

There are dozens of good, free, old school games at The Underdogs.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: games
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2003, 09:29:46 pm »

Quote from: "satchel"
There are dozens of good, free, old school games at The Underdogs.


And indeed many other AbandonWare sites.
I have a rather scary collection of emulators and abandonware now, just in case one day I cannot get copies of them again, I feel it best to catalogue the old games I loved.
Yes, I'm that geeky!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up