Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Poll

How do you like your egg sandwich?

Scrambled, no meat
- 3 (7.5%)
Scrambled, meat
- 9 (22.5%)
Fried, no meat
- 12 (30%)
Fried, meat
- 8 (20%)
Raw with a side of guava juice
- 0 (0%)
Egg sandwich?  What is this egg sandwich of which you speak?
- 7 (17.5%)
Tofeggy w/ extra brown nut paste
- 1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 04, 2005, 03:30:52 pm


Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy  (Read 13869 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« on: May 04, 2005, 02:07:13 am »

Well, it was bound to happen - Ray nearly achieves greatness, but ends up just being hungry and able to express that through the power of math.

Good for Ray.


But what about Teodor?


acoxcae
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 02:24:21 am »

Clueless Ray rides again.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 02:36:01 am »

Alt-text sounds like a George Clinton song.

I laughed out loud at this one, though - first time in a while.
Logged

Karva

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 02:47:46 am »

Great, now I'm hungry for an egg sandwich.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 03:16:19 am »

Ray already has achieved greatness!  At least twice.

The last panel is priceless--the dialogue, that is.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 04:14:00 am »

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

I half expect him to get jumped by Einstein's ghost, honestly.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 10:16:33 am »

Quote from: "Karva"
Great, now I'm hungry for an egg sandwich.


Me too :\
...and I haven't been able to stand the smell of eggs for a couple years.  I might have to endure it soon... ooooooh!

---

The rest of this is good as well.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 12:45:30 pm »

I'd never even heard of an egg sandwich until just now.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 01:24:53 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'd never even heard of an egg sandwich until just now.


There's this chain fast food place called "McDonald's."  There are quite a few of them.  They sell something called an "Egg McMuffin," which is a sandwich composed of egg, cheese, and ham on an English muffin.  You should check it out sometime.



OK, I am done being a dick now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 01:48:05 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I'd never even heard of an egg sandwich until just now.


There's this chain fast food place called "McDonald's."  There are quite a few of them.  They sell something called an "Egg McMuffin," which is a sandwich composed of egg, cheese, and ham on an English muffin.  You should check it out sometime.



OK, I am done being a dick now.



sadly, i must admit to having watched "The Simple Life" on at least one occassion.

one of the "ladies" said something to the effect of "what's walmart?".

i stared at the teevee, for what amounted to a long time.

you go outside, you look around, you see a large sign that says "WalMart" standing in front of a large building that has another sign labelled "WalMart" on the front.  You go inside that building.

i am dumbfounded by the idea that someone could not have heard of an egg sandwich, since _to_me_ that would necessitate living in some distant world, perhaps in an alternate universe where there are no hens and no unfertilized eggs.  no wonder bread or hellman's mayonaise.  

perhaps there are no sandwiches,
at all.

i am not being a dick to you cortjstr, i am just insensate; i am overwhelmed.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 01:53:47 pm »

That's not really an egg sandwich such as I think of it.  I consider that just yuck.  An egg sandwich is a scrambled egg on toast with mayo, lettuce and tomato.  A little salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with potato chips.  It's not necessarily for breakfast.

Now i'm hungry.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 02:32:41 pm »

Yeah, I gotta go with an egg sandwich being like, eggs on a sandwich, or maybe an egg salad sandwich, which can be pretty good if made right.

I don't know if I'd consider the McMuffin, McGridle, Croissanwich, or any of those other varieties to be EGG sandwiches as much as they are BREAKFAST sandwiches.

Because if you're not getting bacon or sausage on them, they just ain't breakfast.

Also, McDonalds sells a variant of the McMuffin which is JUST sausage and cheese.  No egg.  So that clearly would not be an "egg sandwich."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 02:51:51 pm »

Egg sandwich = fried egg, over hard w/ salt, pepper and hot sauce.  Meat (bacon, sausage, ham or fried bologna!) or cheese are nice additions, but not necessary.  Egg sammichs are a gift from God.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2005, 03:26:33 pm »

We have competing egg sandwich recipes.  I think mine is the best, but Augie's recipie is not without merit.  I believe this calls for a poll.  Which egg sandwich would you prefer?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2005, 03:31:31 pm »

Ask and ye shall receive.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up