Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Poll

How do you like your egg sandwich?

Scrambled, no meat
- 3 (7.5%)
Scrambled, meat
- 9 (22.5%)
Fried, no meat
- 12 (30%)
Fried, meat
- 8 (20%)
Raw with a side of guava juice
- 0 (0%)
Egg sandwich?  What is this egg sandwich of which you speak?
- 7 (17.5%)
Tofeggy w/ extra brown nut paste
- 1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: May 04, 2005, 03:30:52 pm


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy  (Read 13871 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 06:31:45 pm »

The Spanglish DVD has a feature showing you how to make that sandwich.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 07:00:53 pm »

1. Get some Home Pride wheat bread.  Lightly toast and butter two slices.
2. Scramble two eggs, making sure to season your eggs with pepper.
3. Cook up three strips of bacon.  (I like mine soft.)
4. On the buttered side of one slice of bread, stack the scrambled eggs and bacon slices.  Top with the other slice of bread, butter side toward the eggs and bacon.
5. Enjoy this with a tall glass of whole milk.
6. Call me and tell me what an awesome thing this is to eat at any hour of the day.
Logged

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 07:20:38 pm »

Quote from: "Turbo Ninja"
1. Get some Home Pride wheat bread.  Lightly toast and butter two slices.
2. Scramble two eggs, making sure to season your eggs with pepper.
3. Cook up three strips of bacon.  (I like mine soft.)
4. On the buttered side of one slice of bread, stack the scrambled eggs and bacon slices.  Top with the other slice of bread, butter side toward the eggs and bacon.
5. Enjoy this with a tall glass of whole milk.
6. Call me and tell me what an awesome thing this is to eat at any hour of the day.


YES.  It's also nice if you can scramble the eggs in such a way that they kind of stick together in one large piece, so they're not falling out of the sandwich while you're trying to eat it.  My mom had a little square pan just the size of a piece of bread.  Oh, how I miss that pan, and the sandwiches thereof.  And my mom.   :cry:

-jennifer and the beans
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 07:38:19 pm »

Now look what we've done, our sandwich talk has driven this poor woman to tears of longing for her lost mother.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2005, 07:42:35 pm »

I look forward to Saturday morning, when most every week I lovingly craft myself a fried egg sandwich after running various errands.

The only downside is that looking forward to this is basically a prime indicator that my life is utterly devoid of meaning and purpose.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2005, 07:58:09 pm »

Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
I look forward to Saturday morning, when most every week I lovingly craft myself a fried egg sandwich after running various errands.

The only downside is that looking forward to this is basically a prime indicator that my life is utterly devoid of meaning and purpose.

I look forward to Saturday's because I can sleep till lunch.

Meaning and purpose are overrated. Just ask any given person on the Internet. Especially if they say "intar-web"
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2005, 08:08:09 pm »

I just don't get breakfast. Not a huge fan. Maybe I am a mutant -- I like egs sometimes, and egg-related sandwiches sometimes, and I can do breakfast, but man. I'd rather just have lunch.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2005, 08:11:45 pm »

Our favorite scrambled egg sandwich consists of eggs scrambled double-boiler style (thanks, Alton!), with neuftachel cheese melted in and diced tomatoes added to eggs at the very last second so they just barely get warm.  Top with smoked salmon, serve on VERY toasty whole wheat or pumpernickel rye bread.
Logged

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2005, 08:21:49 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Now look what we've done, our sandwich talk has driven this poor woman to tears of longing for her lost mother.


An egg sandwich is a powerful thing.  Einstein obviously knows this, and is trying to deliver the truth through Ray.

-jennifer and the beans
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2005, 08:26:32 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
The Spanglish DVD has a feature showing you how to make that sandwich.


I just rented it and am not about to rent it again (it wasn't that good), but here is a site that has the recipe, for anyone interested.  It seems like it would be really good.  I think I may give it a shot this weekend.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2005, 08:48:48 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
Our favorite scrambled egg sandwich consists of eggs scrambled double-boiler style (thanks, Alton!), with neuftachel cheese melted in and diced tomatoes added to eggs at the very last second so they just barely get warm.  Top with smoked salmon, serve on VERY toasty whole wheat or pumpernickel rye bread.


Dang, that egg sandwich is almost frou-frou enough for Onstad!  

Almost.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2005, 10:32:57 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "jough"
The Spanglish DVD has a feature showing you how to make that sandwich.

I just rented it and am not about to rent it again (it wasn't that good), but here is a site that has the recipe, for anyone interested.  It seems like it would be really good.  I think I may give it a shot this weekend.

I'm suddenly reminded of 10-Minute Cooking School on Once Upon a Time in Mexico.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Egg Sandwich Taste Test
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2005, 02:20:50 am »

The board is pretty evenly split on the whole scrambled vs. fried debate.  Which is better?  Thankfully you have me to answer this question once and for all and put the whole thing to rest.

I had my Mom and Dad over and we tried the egg sandwich both ways.

Egg Sandwich Fried

Egg Sandwich Scrambled

My Dad took the Fried.  We copped out and added lettuce and tomatoes, I hope that doesn't skew the results

Ma took the scrambled

I took half and half.

By the end we had all tried both types and our unanimous conclusion is it's a draw.  They are both delicious.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
5/3/05 - Conservation of Ass-Energy
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2005, 04:06:25 am »

Is that sweet tea they're drinking?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Acanthopagrus

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Egg sandwich
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2005, 08:06:07 am »

I know I am a little late on this, but I am an egg sandwich fanatic.

My favourite method is an adaptation of a dish made in most of the northern Indian train stations.

Start by beating two eggs in bowl.
To the bowl add a chopped chilli, salt and pepper to taste.
Heat a pan and some butter.
Fry ½ onion until it is the way you like it, place onion in egg mixture (but not the butter)
Place two pieces of bread in frying pan.
Turn when they are just beginning to toast.
Pour egg mixture over the bread so that the egg kind of soaks into the bread.
When the egg looks like it will turn over without going everywhere, turn it over.
Cook for a little, then fold the two pieces of bread together to form a sandwich.
Keep in pan until sandwich is cooked all the way through.
Traditionally served wrapped in newspaper, I prefer a plate with some tomato sauce.
Logged
keh?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up