Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Thursday  (Read 7820 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Thursday
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 09:26:59 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "jough"
They have a form where you can sign yourself up for SO MUCH SPAM and you'll get a free candy bar for your trouble.


I have e-mail addresses that exist only to take just this sort of bullet.


Yeah, I know this is why Jesus invented Gmail, and why they give you 47,383 invitations, but sheesh.  Why do they need my email address to send me a candy bar?  Are they going to email it to me?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 10:08:48 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "jough"
They have a form where you can sign yourself up for SO MUCH SPAM and you'll get a free candy bar for your trouble.


I have e-mail addresses that exist only to take just this sort of bullet.


Yeah, I know this is why Jesus invented Gmail, and why they give you 47,383 invitations, but sheesh.  Why do they need my email address to send me a candy bar?  Are they going to email it to me?


Probably not, but wouldn't it be cool if they could?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 10:09:35 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Have you really never enjoyed chocolate covered pretzels?  


Not since I saw "Mallrats".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Happy Thursday
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 01:51:20 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Or that Ben and Jerry's flavor with the pretzels in the chocolate ice cream...I think it's "Chubby Hubby" and it's sooooo good.

With all due respect (and with serious risk of infringing on the Snacks thread), Ben and Jerry's really needs to make ice cream that does not involve chunks of random crap in it. Am I the last person on Earth who prefers my ice cream without fudge ripples and candy-coated peanut butter chunklets, plus nuts and maybe some carefully infused marshmallow goo? A little can be nice sometimes, but combined with the richness of B&J's as it stands and Jeeeee-zus, just give me some fuck*ng sorbet.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Happy Thursday
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 01:57:24 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Am I the last person on Earth who prefers my ice cream without fudge ripples and candy-coated peanut butter chunklets, plus nuts and maybe some carefully infused marshmallow goo? A little can be nice sometimes, but combined with the richness of B&J's as it stands and Jeeeee-zus, just give me some fuck*ng sorbet.


I guess due to the context etc I read that last bit as "...the richness of PB&J's" and I thought, holy shit, have they made peanut butter and jelly ice cream? Is this even possible?

Generally, I don't care too much for objects in my ice cream, but I do like rippled varieties. They remind me of cross sections in Geology textbooks. You can pretend to be biting a mountain, a form of erosion not generally covered by the mainstream Science Establishment.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Happy Thursday
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 01:59:46 am »

Yeah, I am more inclined to enjoy ripples than I am to enjoy objects. It's probably the textural element -- ripples add to the smooth texture of good ice cream and don't suddenly add nasty crunchy bits. That said, they can be much of a muchness at times.

Er, so... yes. Happy almost-Friday, all.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2005, 02:19:53 am »

I generally prefer frozen custards or yogurts to ice cream. I like the texture better and they're less likely to make me yelp like a wounded dog clutching my teeth in pain.

That said, my favorite ice cream was from a mom & pop near my house that made raspberry truffle. It had whole truffles in it. But not giant Godiva-sized ones. These were a little smaller than mini Reese's cups. They even had the little ridges. It was so good I forgave the place for being closed on Sundays.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Happy Thursday
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2005, 02:59:10 am »

At Coldstone, a place where they mix stuff in the ice cream for you, the most I'll ever do is peanut butter in chocolate or cinnamon in sweet cream or vanilla.

Sometimes, I just get vanilla.  Ice cream's too good to be ruined by too much shit.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Happy Thursday
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2005, 04:36:06 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Q) How many Hampton Roads-ians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A) All of them. It's the most exciting thing in town to do.


Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2005, 05:05:24 am »

Quote from: "miles"
At Coldstone


Could this place be anymore of a Marble Slab rip off if it tried?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Happy Thursday
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 05:46:15 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "miles"
At Coldstone


Could this place be anymore of a Marble Slab rip off if it tried?


Like I give a fuck.  It gives me the ice cream I need.

I think I did experience Marble Slab first, though.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 06:22:44 am »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Q) How many Hampton Roads-ians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A) All of them. It's the most exciting thing in town to do.




I think this post might win at the internet.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Thursday
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 06:23:01 am »

Ice Cream with Ripples, for her pleasure.

And Zart, I'm in for 50% if you want to pursue that PB&J ice cream idea.  Just as long as we also offer a marshmallow Fluff™ variety too.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2005, 06:30:59 am »

AND to go on topic for a change...

Dorito's, classic nacho flavor. There's only one other flavor I like, and I've only seen it in Mexico. The USian version of Jalape~no Cheddar is a sad, sad interpretation of the Mexican hit.

Cape Cod potato chips (Party Size!) with Dean's Onion Dip (Family Size!) can last anywhere from an hour to a couple weeks, depending on quality of seal and both quality and quantity of intoxicants.

Pocky's good, but it ain't all it's cracked up to be. They're so damned skinny (at least, Pocky For Men are) you have to eat all of them!

And, of course, the classic, that one everybody loves but never names: the Kit-Kat. The new-ish Mondo-Sized one is Utterly Phenomenal. How did they make an even better Kit-Kat. How could they possibly.

None of these, however, rate nearly as good a snack after work hours as a nice hearty beer of the Smithwick's, Negra Modelo, or Belhaven labels.[/i]
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2005, 07:08:12 am »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "miles"
At Coldstone


Could this place be anymore of a Marble Slab rip off if it tried?


Like I give a fuck.  It gives me the ice cream I need.

I think I did experience Marble Slab first, though.


Simmer down now I wasn't even trying to compare quality of product.  I'm no stranger to Cold Stone.  It's pretty allright, but when I gotta have the high quality cream I get myself on over to Amy's.  Now that's the good stuff.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up