Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Thursday  (Read 7806 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Happy Thursday
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2005, 07:18:37 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "miles"
At Coldstone


Could this place be anymore of a Marble Slab rip off if it tried?


Like I give a fuck.  It gives me the ice cream I need.

I think I did experience Marble Slab first, though.


Simmer down now I wasn't even trying to compare quality of product.


Just because I said I didn't give fuck doesn't mean I was mad.  Sorry to give that impression.  You can criticize any unoriginal food establishment you want to.  It's fine by me.

And at first I thought you wrote "Slimmer down now," as if you were criticizing my snacking habits.  Like you could tell that I was overweight because of the snacks I listed.  Which was awesome.  I was touched by your concern.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2005, 12:53:05 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "miles"
At Coldstone

Could this place be anymore of a Marble Slab rip off if it tried?

I've never heard of Marble Slab. Round these parts we just have Coldstone and Maggie Moo's
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Happy Thursday
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2005, 01:13:19 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
And, of course, the classic, that one everybody loves but never names: the Kit-Kat. The new-ish Mondo-Sized one is Utterly Phenomenal. How did they make an even better Kit-Kat. How could they possibly.


I was also amazed the first time I saw this at a store.  I'm still waiting for them to sell the Big Kit-Kat in a package of four, like the smaller ones.  

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
None of these, however, rate nearly as good a snack after work hours as a nice hearty beer of the Smithwick's, Negra Modelo, or Belhaven labels.[/i]


I discovered New Belgium Trippel a while back, and that's pretty much become my favorite after-work snack.
Logged

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2005, 02:57:37 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
And at first I thought you wrote "Slimmer down now," as if you were criticizing my snacking habits.  Like you could tell that I was overweight because of the snacks I listed.  Which was awesome.  I was touched by your concern.


This is why I always use my middle initial in my usernames.

As for snacks, whatever is around will be fine with me.  Which is probably why I'm not slimmer.

I've been on a salt water taffy binge lately, and when my friend from Germany came to visit, he brought me this.  For the extra serving of milk!
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2005, 03:59:45 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "jough"
They have a form where you can sign yourself up for SO MUCH SPAM and you'll get a free candy bar for your trouble.


I have e-mail addresses that exist only to take just this sort of bullet.


Yeah, I know this is why Jesus invented Gmail, and why they give you 47,383 invitations, but sheesh.  Why do they need my email address to send me a candy bar?  Are they going to email it to me?


Probably not, but wouldn't it be cool if they could?


I think it would officially ruin my life if chocolate could be sent by email.  I'd turn into a round mass of flesh, like, instantly.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2005, 04:15:11 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
I think it would officially ruin my life if chocolate could be sent by email.  I'd turn into a round mass of flesh, like, instantly.

This is also the reason nobody has telekinetic abilities. It's the universe protecting us from our own sloth. I mean think of all the times you've been all, "I want another Mountain Dew, but the fridge is way over there."
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Happy Thursday
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2005, 06:51:52 pm »

I forgot. Milk and honey sandwiches. It's just a fluffernutter with honey, but it is totally like having that Herb Albert album cover in your mouth.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up