Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everyone's your friend in New York City  (Read 2850 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« on: May 05, 2005, 07:45:25 pm »

I'm heading out to NYC next week for a wedding.  My girl has most of the trip mapped out for us, but there will be a 4-8 hour period where she will be shopping and I will be able to entertain myself.  

Anybody have suggestions for what to do with that time?  I'm just happy that I'll happen to be in town for MC Frontalot's show.  Anything on top of that is just a bonus.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 08:43:38 pm »

They've cleared all the fun stuff out of Times Square, so I'm out of options.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 08:53:59 pm »

The Yankees are in town early in the week, the Mets on the weekend.

Sadly, the Brooklyn Cyclones don't start their season until June.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 09:41:46 pm »

My favorite thing in NYC is the American Museum of Natural History.  I spent a lot of time there when I lived in Manhattan (birth - 12 years old).  There's a life-sized model of a blue whale suspended from the ceiling of The Hall of giraffees.  Extremely rad.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 11:23:59 pm »

Just take the 6 train to Astor Place and start walking in a southwesterly direction.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 01:28:56 am »

Extra points of radness for including the TMBG song lyrics in your thread title. I have never been to the Big Apple, so I'd like to hear about your trip.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 02:42:10 am »

I, uh, live here. If you want to get together or something and I'll take you to eat something....or....something.


MOMA's nice!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 05:24:14 am »

Quote from: "Va"
My favorite thing in NYC is the American Museum of Natural History.  I spent a lot of time there when I lived in Manhattan (birth - 12 years old).  There's a life-sized model of a blue whale suspended from the ceiling of The Hall of giraffees.  Extremely rad.

Is that where Ross Geller works?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 06:34:02 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"

Is that where Ross Geller works?


Nothing says "I'm living outside of my surrounding popular culture" when I have to Google "Ross Geller" only to find he's a character on one of the highest rated sitcoms of all time.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 07:10:10 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
MOMA's nice!

MOMA's day is Sunday.  [rimshot]

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Everyone's your friend in New York City
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 01:36:22 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I, uh, live here. If you want to get together or something and I'll take you to eat something....or....something.


Hey cool!  Bex has most of our time mapped out, but I know that we'll be at the MC Frontalot show at The Slipper Room at 10:00 on Wednesday.  (You're a student, right?  What is your drinking-age status?)  Then I have my block of free time on Thursday during the day.  I'll PM you some contact info, maybe you can suggest something for Lunch on Thursday.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up