Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A post for Asherdan  (Read 1872 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
A post for Asherdan
« on: May 08, 2005, 07:02:01 am »

I searched the online version of my local paper this evening for an article about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum celebrates 10 years, but I was disapointed because it was different than the print edition, which I saw at the store this morning, that had a picture of this guitar famously depicted being smashed by Paul Simonon on the London Calling album cover and favored as a avatar by our own Asherdan right on the front page.

This post is for you Ash.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
A post for Asherdan
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 07:26:14 pm »

A little like 2 1/4 inch square black sticker with that drawing and "Achewood" on it?  I've got one you could have if you just PM me your address.  Much as I like the image, I would never feel comfortable putting it on anything since I somehow slept through the whole relevant period of cultural history.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
A post for Asherdan
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 07:10:07 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
OK, wombat is oficially rad. I'll get back to you after I work out a rewards program relevant to such an offering...


I would recommend a lamp formed into a shapely woman's leg with a giraffenet stocking and a frilly lampshade.

_________________
fra-gEE-lay.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
A post for Asherdan
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 08:00:03 pm »

We've already had a proposal for Arkabee Points (I have some!).  We should just establish some sort of TOUAMB currency.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
A post for Asherdan
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 12:41:40 am »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Quote from: "Asherdan"
OK, wombat is oficially rad. I'll get back to you after I work out a rewards program relevant to such an offering...


I would recommend a lamp formed into a shapely woman's leg with a giraffenet stocking and a frilly lampshade.
_________________
fra-gEE-lay.


Buy one here. Crate Shipping Available!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
A post for Asherdan
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 01:14:15 am »

No,no, really, I couldn't accept such a thing in exchange for so little.... You can have the sticker for nothing, Ash, really.  PLEASE.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up