Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: So...what y'all drinking?  (Read 12389 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2005, 01:46:01 am »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
As an update, the booze collection that Sara and I have amassed has grown - we're now at 35 bottles, not including several mixers.

And I've found a drink that breaks all of my old manly/girly rules... I have grown incredibly fond of Lynchburg Lemonades. Not the little bottles in your grocer's watched-over-by-cameras-24/7 section, but the mixed drink. It has become my default beverage at Cheeseburger In Paradise. I would make it more often here, but I'm lazy.

My parents have LL mugs. They have the recipe for a mug-sized portion printed right there on the back. It always confused me that it calls for 7-Up or Sprite since they don't taste the same.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2005, 01:51:25 am »

I'll contribute. I'm not much of a drinker and I rarely get drunk but I enjoy the taste of certain stuff. If I'm at a party with shitty alcohol I won't drink, it's not worth it to me. I guess you could say I'm picky.

I mostly drink Vodka based stuff if I have the option. I like Skyy and Absolute mostly. But at least once a year a friend of mine has a party normally around Octoberfest and he always provides Grey Goose. ::incert drooling emoticon::
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 08:01:33 pm »

My "i'm a broke muthafucka" beer is Red Stripe.
My cheap beers are Newcastle and Blue Moon Belgian White.
My beers for when I'm doing okay are Duvel and (when i can find it) Mackeson's XXX Stout.
My splurge beers are usually lambics.

Straight hard liquor I don't really do so much. Mixed drinks I'm down with, at least as far as ones mixed with liqueurs.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2005, 08:18:25 pm »

Quote from: "BatzRadio"
My "i'm a broke muthafucka" beer is Red Stripe.


Red Stripe is your BROKE beer? Jesus, John D. Rockefeller, my broke beer (Rheingold) is actually cheaper than most bottled waters; in fact, I'm thinking of having it piped in to a new tap.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2005, 08:26:13 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "BatzRadio"
My "i'm a broke muthafucka" beer is Red Stripe.


Red Stripe is your BROKE beer? Jesus, John D. Rockefeller, my broke beer (Rheingold) is actually cheaper than most bottled waters; in fact, I'm thinking of having it piped in to a new tap.
Yeah, no shit.  What, do you drink one?  Broke beer = Milwaukee's Best, not something imported.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2005, 09:23:13 pm »

Just to let you all in on a little Milwaukee secret...that's not our best.

Shhhhh
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2005, 09:59:24 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Just to let you all in on a little Milwaukee secret...that's not our best.

I don't think it's made in Milwaukee either.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2005, 10:45:21 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "BatzRadio"
My "i'm a broke muthafucka" beer is Red Stripe.


Red Stripe is your BROKE beer? Jesus, John D. Rockefeller, my broke beer (Rheingold) is actually cheaper than most bottled waters; in fact, I'm thinking of having it piped in to a new tap.
Yeah, no shit.  What, do you drink one?  Broke beer = Milwaukee's Best, not something imported.


HEY MABEL! _____ _____!

That's the callsign for the go-to-broke muthafucka-diarrhea inducing fermented beverage. Bad mojo but you'll be drunk for awhile, before you wake up the next dehydrated with the shits.

In SW Ohio, though, I think it's some shit like Christian Moerlein. In Chicago, it's LeinenKugel I think. We used to get Mickey's Big Mouths when we were broke in college. Even then I refused to drink Bud Light or Budweiser. Or Pabst. Or Miller if I could help it (until MGD came out).
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2005, 10:46:20 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Just to let you all in on a little Milwaukee secret...that's not our best.

I don't think it's made in Milwaukee either.

~Paul


I also have serious doubts about it actually being a beer, as opposed to, say, hobo piss.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2005, 11:27:05 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
In Chicago, it's LeinenKugel I think. We used to get Mickey's Big Mouths when we were broke in college. Even then I refused to drink Bud Light or Budweiser. Or Pabst. Or Miller if I could help it (until MGD came out).


Actually when I did live in DeKalb, IL for a few months my broke beer was some brand of Leine. As I recall they did some pretty alright tasting specialty brews for what I paid for them (under 5 bucks). Their Honey Wheat Ale was particularly tight. We can't get it around Memphis though. (Actually, there is one grocery chain that stocks Leine Red around Memphis, but they sell it at 6.50-7.00 a 6 pack. And I didn't really care too much for Red anyways.)

As far as Red Stripe, there's a mom and pop store in South Memphis that somehow manages to sell it 1.50 cheaper than most places in town (5.49 a 6 pack). When I'm absolutely desperate for beer and I have barely enough for groceries/gas, I head there. I won't do most big name american lagers either, as they are both displeasing to drink and give me nothin' as far as a buzz.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2005, 02:40:34 pm »

batz- i was in memphis last weekend.  they had beer at the restaurant i ate at.  also, does your radio internet site require fancy new software, what does "[ICY 200 OK]" mean?

cheap beer for me = bush.
regular beer = miller lite.
expensive beer = mmmm.  ok, i'll buy liquor.

although i wish i could find tecate herebouts.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

BatzRadio

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 39
  • Check the record, check the guy's rock record.
    • View Profile
    • http://batzradio.livejournal.com
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2005, 04:50:52 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
also, does your radio internet site require fancy new software, what does "[ICY 200 OK]" mean?


The radio station's in AAC+. Winamp 5.04 and newer works with it, and the latest Foobar versions work with it. Beyond that I don't know, as far as your software support. If it can run MP4/M4A/AAC files, there's a good chance it can play the AAC streams.

ICY 200 OK is a server able to connect signal, usually that should flash by and go right into the connection (at least with Winamp).

I'll run some tests with people on IM when I get home and see if there's a problem of the signal getting to hold or connect. I'm connecting to it at work through an open proxy running Winamp 5.1, but that's only a firewall consideration here.

EDIT: After some not-really-intensive research it appears Winamp, Foobar, and VLC are the only ways to go right now. It is MP4-based but the streaming component hasn't really been all that integrated by most players yet.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2005, 05:04:03 pm »

When I want expensive beer I make for the liquor store and get the good shit that cost me $0.50-0.80 a bottle in Germany, then I wonder why I ever came back (grocery stores have really bad selections, though you usually can get Guiness and stuff like that.  And in Utah, you have to get the strong beer at the state liquor stores).  When I want to spend less, I just look for good sales at the grocery store, usually on microbrews.  Only once have I purchased anything on the level of PBR, though I'm not so snobbish as to turn one down.  Lately, I've been trying to lose my gut, or at least have plans to, so I've been cutting back on beer.  I like gin and vodka, and sometimes whiskey and scotch.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2005, 05:31:26 pm »

I don't drink beer but the best New Year's Eve ever featured a Natty Boh toast at midnight. And you can't get much cheaper than that.
Logged

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
So...what y'all drinking?
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2005, 04:22:27 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Just to let you all in on a little Milwaukee secret...that's not our best.

I don't think it's made in Milwaukee either.

~Paul


I also have serious doubts about it actually being a beer, as opposed to, say, hobo piss.



You could probably get Really Trashed on hobo piss.  Also, Hepatitis.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up