Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would you like to get drunk with?  (Read 13738 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« on: August 21, 2003, 04:14:26 am »

You're going out drinking with two companions.  Said companions can be anybody from the past or present.  Who do you choose? (Onstad is outta town or otherwise unavailable)  Do you end up punching each other by the end of the night?

Discuss.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 04:16:29 am »

For what it's worth, I think my first two would be Mark Twain and Socrates.

Luckily, I drink a lot, so I could easily accomodate the long list that's accumulating in my head.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 04:18:20 am »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Luckily, I drink a lot


Damn!  You don't get to say that very often.

Uh, I think this post is kind of self-probative or something.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 02:53:54 pm »

I would choose AugustWest and V-Adore.  No, wait!  CortJstr and Ferocious J.  No!  Um...satchel and keef...or maybe Asherdan and Aloha Dawg...or pubdoggy and slink.  I've got it!  Capn and Schabe!  Or maybe Choop and PinkStainlessTail...and revDJ...wait that's three...Um...rstevens and fuddes?  Kelly, wombat and IANC (woo, hen party!)?  Damn, that's three again...

Shit.  I can't choose.  I guess I'll just do what I usually do, and get drunk with Pedro Picasso and some Jim Beam.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 03:00:29 pm »

Well, if I had to get drunk with anyone, It'd have to ba sat round with either some nice, chilled Corona (with lime in of course), or a bottle of good whisk/bourbon...
Who with: erm, for some reason I reckon Umberto Eco would be fun, good conversation and all, and someone like, Haruki Murakami. Maybe Mike Moore.
I'd much preferr to sit round and get stoned with say, Brad Nowell and Josh Hommes or something.
Weed's my alcohol, I don't really drink anymore, never have much. I'll drink whisky or bourbon for the flavor, and corona too. If they were non alcoholic it'd suit me much better!
Anyway, choosing any two people is like choosing a favourite album or movie for me, or book, it just doesn't quite work out.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
drinking
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 03:36:31 pm »

Andy Kaufman and Bill Hicks. Both would still be funny no matter how thick the alcohol haze became.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

V-Adore

  • Guest
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 05:59:08 pm »

I don't really dig going out and getting drunk.

Hmm... that said, my choices for drinking buddies (and groups), in descending order of awesomeness:

1) Genghis Khan. No, really. We'd probably have to go to some sleazy Mongol bar that would let him break furniture, but you have to admit, it'd be a hell of an evening.

2) You guys, both for the conversation and the fact that a pack of semi-experienced drinkers means lots of drink advice and no really spectacularly bad drunks.

3) Most of the uptight smart guys I went to high school with. This would mostly be for blackmail fodder, because honestly, it doesn't get much more fun than watching Mr. Lead In the School Musical crying into his girly drink about how he's failed his family.

If I felt the need to go be snarkily teetotal for an evening, I'd have to go with Penn and Teller, natch.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 06:34:00 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
If I felt the need to go be snarkily teetotal for an evening, I'd have to go with Penn and Teller, natch.


I dunno, those guys are pretty scary when everybody involved is sober. Could you image the havoc they could wreak on some tipsy people?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2003, 06:42:35 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
If I felt the need to go be snarkily teetotal for an evening, I'd have to go with Penn and Teller, natch.


I dunno, those guys are pretty scary when everybody involved is sober. Could you image the havoc they could wreak on some tipsy people?

That'd sort of be the point. If you're going to go out and harrass drunken people, you might as well go all-out, stage blood and all. That, and they have the ability to lift keys off of a wannabe drunk driver without any shame, which makes the whole evening a benefit to public health.
Logged

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2003, 07:06:36 pm »

I'm not sure why, but the first two names to jump into my head were Don Marquis and George Herriman. Well, Herriman after Marquis makes sense, but I'm not sure why Marquis in the first place.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2003, 10:06:13 pm »

I would like to get drunk with Sandra Bernhard and Richard Lewis.  The beats would be pumpin', the hooch would be flowin', and the conversation would be fabulous.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2003, 02:01:21 am »

I've always wanted to boink Sandra Bernhart.  She's a superfreak.  She's superfreaky.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2003, 08:43:34 pm »

Dont drink, but would choose Lee Ranaldo from Sonic Youth, since I have a big geeky crush on him, and Wes Anderson (one of my fave directors)
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2003, 10:20:38 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I've always wanted to boink Sandra Bernhart.  She's a superfreak.  She's superfreaky.


Yeah, me too.  She's got style.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: drinking
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2003, 06:53:17 am »

Quote from: "satchel"
Andy Kaufman and Bill Hicks. Both would still be funny no matter how thick the alcohol haze became.

How I wanted this sentence to end " . . . no matter how much their corpses smelled."

Anyway, as long as they can be dead, I would pick Jim Morrison and Jack Kerouac . . . not really. Flannery O'Connor and William Faulkner - though O'connor probably wouldn't drink much, so there'd be more for Bill and I.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up