Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would you like to get drunk with?  (Read 13727 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2003, 04:58:24 am »

I was thinking Andy Kaufman. Now I'm rethinking.

This question usually comes up as who to invite to dinner. My usual answer is different than the drinking question - my dinner party involves  smart, very funny people with one weird thing in common: they all play the Banjo.

Pick some:

Steve Martin
George Segal
John Lithgow
Peter Sellers
Billy Conolly

Any other famous banjo players I missed here?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2003, 05:27:30 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Steve Martin
George Segal


I saw this really fast and thought it said "Steven Segal".

*shudder*

Quote from: "AlohaDogg"

Any other famous banjo players I missed here?


Ricky Scaggs, Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson, Bela Fleck, Travis Tritt, Lester Flatt - I mean, that's just for starters.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2003, 08:22:10 am »

Quote from: "jough"

. . . Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson, Bela Fleck . . .

Yes, so much! Also, the kid from Deliverance.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2003, 08:48:36 pm »

Thanks for the list! I knew about most of the people famous for playing the banjo. The ones who I really want to hang out with are famous for other things (acting and comedy mostly) whose odd personalities have also led them to the Banjo.

And, of all the people famous primarily for playing the banjo, I would pick:
Grandpa Jones
Bela Fleck
Unless that one Dixie Chick gets uncontrollaby horny when drinking, that is. Then it's her and Mr. Jones, and we just have to wait for Grandpa to fall asleep.  :twisted:

Of those who are famous and secondarily play the banjo, I think:

Steve Martin
John Lithgow

That would be nuts.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2003, 11:19:02 pm »

I have a real urge to put Peter Cook on my duo now. Though you'd have to give him access to a costume wardrobe throughout the evening!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2003, 05:19:16 pm »

How about Charles Darwin?

"Monkeys, I'm telling *belch*you.  Monkeys.  You think I'm lying?? *sob* God, I'm so sorry.."
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2003, 06:04:20 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Of those who are famous and secondarily play the banjo, I think:

Steve Martin
John Lithgow

That would be nuts.

Don't forget Bender!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2003, 10:26:53 pm »

Bender would really be nuts! And bolts. (sorry)

Also I was looking through some old strips last night and one of the bots (chucklebot, vlad, or liebot) was playing a suspiciously round stringed instrument.
Logged

bluebird_of_unhappiness

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2003, 03:07:30 am »

Twas Liebot, playing that suspicious round stringed instument.  He'd go to the garage and play when everyone else was eating dinner or something.
Logged
Who is fat?  Me (I am).

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2003, 04:15:44 am »

That's the one. Maybe my two should be Liebot and Bender. That would be very weird. And it's not like they would get tired or leave or anything....yikes...
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2003, 04:48:50 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I would choose AugustWest and V-Adore. No, wait! CortJstr and Ferocious J. No! Um...satchel and keef...or maybe Asherdan and Aloha Dawg...or pubdoggy and slink. I've got it! Capn and Schabe! Or maybe Choop and PinkStainlessTail...and revDJ...wait that's three...Um...rstevens and fuddes? Kelly, wombat and IANC (woo, hen party!)? Damn, that's three again...


You're obviously not interested in getting drunk with me.  Don't think I didn't notice that.   :cry:

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2003, 06:58:13 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
And it's not like they would get tired or leave or anything....yikes...


No, they would get tired of you and leave.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2003, 08:20:11 am »

Damn, that's cold.

Shit! Who are you? What the hell did I do to deserve that?

Oh, don't answer. I just remembered that I don't actually care.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2003, 09:02:27 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "jldunston"
I would choose AugustWest and V-Adore. No, wait! CortJstr and Ferocious J. No! Um...satchel and keef...or maybe Asherdan and Aloha Dawg...or pubdoggy and slink. I've got it! Capn and Schabe! Or maybe Choop and PinkStainlessTail...and revDJ...wait that's three...Um...rstevens and fuddes? Kelly, wombat and IANC (woo, hen party!)? Damn, that's three again...


You're obviously not interested in getting drunk with me.  Don't think I didn't notice that.   :cry:
~Paul


I know, me neither.  WTF, JL?

I feel slighted. :(

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Who would you like to get drunk with?
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2003, 09:23:09 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Damn, that's cold.

Shit! Who are you? What the hell did I do to deserve that?

Oh, don't answer. I just remembered that I don't actually care.


That's what Bender would do, though; get bored, and leave.  It wasn't a dig on you, just my thoughts on Bender's character.  I sifted my feelings through a codeine colander first, and it added spite.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up