Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: she checks out okay- Tuesday, May 10th  (Read 5255 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
she checks out okay- Tuesday, May 10th
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 02:43:09 am »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
My past week has been very Reznor-riffic. I was not expecting this to spill into Achewood.

Is so true

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
appropriate soundtrack to this vehicle here

4th grade collides with high school in a THRILLING MASTERWORK.

More here.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
she checks out okay- Tuesday, May 10th
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 01:37:40 am »

It reminds me of my own highschool days, when angst-and-acne-ridden classmates of mine drove expensive-ass vehicles that their parents (*gasp!*) handed down to them. Oh god, such agony. How can you even live that way. I am reminded of smoking cigarettes (I was such a badass when I was 15) and overhearing pathetic conversations such as, "Oh my god. It is so unfair. McKenna's parents got her a brand new blah blah blah series convertible BMW, and I have to drive my mom's Lexus from last year! Waaaaah!"

I find it pretty hard to take Mr. Reznor seriously anyway, and this strip just proves it. Awesome.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
she checks out okay- Tuesday, May 10th
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2005, 02:35:05 am »

Quote from: "linnea"
It reminds me of my own highschool days, when angst-and-acne-ridden classmates of mine drove expensive-ass vehicles that their parents (*gasp!*) handed down to them. Oh god, such agony. How can you even live that way. I am reminded of smoking cigarettes (I was such a badass when I was 15) and overhearing pathetic conversations such as, "Oh my god. It is so unfair. McKenna's parents got her a brand new blah blah blah series convertible BMW, and I have to drive my mom's Lexus from last year! Waaaaah!"

I find it pretty hard to take Mr. Reznor seriously anyway, and this strip just proves it. Awesome.

Oh, God, yes, I always wanted to hit these people. The worst was the friend of mine who totaled her car on the way to school and had a new one the next day. I mean, WTF? How do some people do this? If I had to learn on an Oldsmobile Achieva my folks bought because they both drove stick and didn't dare teach me on it... grrrr.
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
she checks out okay- Tuesday, May 10th
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2005, 04:05:15 am »

I am still driving a 93 Buick Lesabre.  Still, there is a certain moral superiority that comes from this.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
she checks out okay- Tuesday, May 10th
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 01:01:18 pm »

Quote from: "linnea"
It reminds me of my own highschool days, when angst-and-acne-ridden classmates of mine drove expensive-ass vehicles that their parents (*gasp!*) handed down to them. Oh god, such agony. How can you even live that way. I am reminded of smoking cigarettes (I was such a badass when I was 15) and overhearing pathetic conversations such as, "Oh my god. It is so unfair. McKenna's parents got her a brand new blah blah blah series convertible BMW, and I have to drive my mom's Lexus from last year! Waaaaah!"

For some reason I immensly enjoy it when I see a Toyota parked next to a Lexus and they have exactly the same headlights/rear-end/&c. It just drives home the point that one of these people paid an extra $10,000 for a gold L
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
she checks out okay- Tuesday, May 10th
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 01:39:45 pm »

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up