Well it was on the main page, but it appears that it is now gone. I guess I suck too much. When I look at the recent updates section, I'm not even listed there, so maybe I'm just techno-tarded, but when I made the update, I checked back later in the day and it was there, so I dunno.... Techno-tard strikes again!
Oh, that was you? Um... sorry about that. The update about the readership was a little bit snarky, and we'd already had a visit from a vandal on the Main Page earlier in the day. I saw the edit was from someone who was just an IP, and I thought it was another vandal. You did it right. I just thought it was graffiti and reverted it. By all means, try it again.
It also helps, kids, to create an account instead of just letting your edits get credited to your IP address. IP edits are looked at a little more carefully to make sure they're not vandals, and if you're just some anonymous person out there, sometimes your humor can come across as something different.