Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005  (Read 4208 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« on: May 16, 2005, 09:12:23 am »

So Trent's aura makes the cats behave like drag queens?

Awesome.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 11:30:35 am »

I'm suprised Ray left the house in this car, you think he'd be afraid of being seen in a teacher car, Trent Reznor or not.
Of course there are other problems with taking a ride in a car that conveys pure despair, but I'm trying to see things from Ray's point of view here.

Also I like Beef's expression at the stop sign, kind of a 'I almost ignored this stop sign because I am THIS close to the edge right now.'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 12:14:51 pm »

Twice as funny if you imagine Ray's blubbing and the tone of the last few panels.
The confusion of being upset is making them more upset and then comes Beef's melodramatic statement.
So out of place I can't help but like it.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 01:07:33 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
I'm suprised Ray left the house in this car, you think he'd be afraid of being seen in a teacher car, Trent Reznor or not.

This is the same cat who got a job at Taco Bell just for kicks. I'm not saying he'll be picking up any ladies in his Halo Zero-mobile but for Free Frostie Weekend it works fine.

And hey, at least Lyle is taping the blubbering this time.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 02:11:13 pm »

I think this is why Roast Beef and Lyle are best friends. They're so different, but they need each other for adventures like this.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 03:37:35 pm »

This strip makes me so happy. The sad thing is that I have had conversations like these with friends -- where you ramble on and on about not wanting to hurt the other person EVER and somehow nothing ever gets done. So... it's funny because it's true, aside from the Volvo of Despair and the cartoons cats. So... the Wendy's is true.

it's finals week and I'm sleepy
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 08:03:59 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
I think this is why Roast Beef and Lyle are best friends. They're so different, but they need each other for adventures like this.


Lyle?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 08:33:26 pm »

Yeah, I think he meant Ray there.

V-Adore

  • Guest
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 09:04:48 pm »

That said, now I'm picturing Lyle in the Despair Volvo. Why do I get a feeling that Darlene would be involved somehow?
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 10:18:39 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
That said, now I'm picturing Lyle in the Despair Volvo. Why do I get a feeling that Darlene would be involved somehow?


I would love to see Pat trapped in the Despair Volvo.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 10:44:19 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
That said, now I'm picturing Lyle in the Despair Volvo. Why do I get a feeling that Darlene would be involved somehow?


I would love to see Pat trapped in the Despair Volvo.

Oh, wouldn't we all?
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 01:12:17 am »

Well shit. Of course I meant Ray there. Too many Achewood windows going on. Now, instead of having a window on the strip and a window on the forum, now I have three: strip, forum, wiki.

That being said, Lyle would probably crash the damn thing, seeing as how he'd assuredly be drunk for the experience.
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 05:10:39 am »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Well shit. Of course I meant Ray there. Too many Achewood windows going on. Now, instead of having a window on the strip and a window on the forum, now I have three: strip, forum, wiki.

It becomes obvious you are not using Firefox nor Mozilla, and thus do not know the glory of Tabs, nor Middle-Clicking into New Tabs.

I pity thee.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 05:43:39 am »

I don't  know what the hell "middle clicking" is anymore, since I bought my mice after 1995.

Seriously, what penis has three buttons anymore?

You can CTRL+Click a link to open in a new tab, however.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
no one can see us this way - 16 May 2005
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 11:16:44 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I don't  know what the hell "middle clicking" is anymore, since I bought my mice after 1995.

Seriously, what penis has three buttons anymore?

You can CTRL+Click a link to open in a new tab, however.


Wheel mice treat the wheel (whoch you can push as any button) as the middle penis button.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up